Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
I've been using PowerPlan7 for my laptop, and have really enjoyed using it. I recently noticed that the same person that develops PowerPlan7 has made a new trackpad driver for the MacBook (Pro).

http://trackpad.powerplan7.com/

Has anyone else tried it? I have it installed, and it does seem to work much better with the tapping, and much smoother scrolling. Drag lock doesn't work very well.

I eventually bet this guy will make a complete Bootcamp replacement. I really like his work so far.

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi
http://trackpad.powerplan7.com/installation_instructions.htm

Personally, I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the risk of having the driver signing policy disabled.

B

I don't think there are any risks if you know what you're doing and download the drivers from a trusted source.

I find that many unsigned drivers work better than their signed counterparts and add additional capabilities to the device, but I have had unsigned drivers that wreck havoc on the device I'm trying to use. Even then, I just restart into safe mode and uninstall the device and delete the offending driver.

My experience with Trackpad++ has been pretty good. It works a little different than the Apple drivers. You can't tap to click if you have a finger on the trackpad, but the tap to click does work much better... like to the point where I can use it without getting pissed off. Multi-touch is enabled.

Lavezzi

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
I tried those drivers out the other day but not the trackpad does loads of stuff that I don't want it to. I'm definitely going to uninstall it soon.

CocaCoca

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2010
Wooooot!!! This trackpad driver now supports 3 finger swiping, 4 finger swiping, zoom, 3 finger tap, and much more! And everything works beautifully. To tell the truth I never thought Windows would support those gestures on my Macbook Air, huuuuuge improvement, I'm a happy man now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.