PDA

View Full Version : Avatar?

sebgate20
Oct 22, 2004, 10:19 AM
I can't add an avatar in my user CP. When I go on 'Change Avatar' option, all I get it a radio box saying 'no avatar' with no option to change it.

Any ideas?

Seb

edesignuk
Oct 22, 2004, 10:28 AM
I have just the thread for you young one...

GUIDE/FAQ: Hay guys, how do I get an avatar? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=90468)

:D

MacDawg
Oct 22, 2004, 04:31 PM
Ah... the eternal question...
I never get tired of hearing it asked!

Capt Underpants
Oct 22, 2004, 05:08 PM
Ah... the eternal question...
I never get tired of hearing it asked!

I do get tired of it being asked, but oh well. Everyone here at MR has wondered, at one time or another, how to get an avatar.

BTW, edesign: SWEET FAQ!

edesignuk
Oct 22, 2004, 05:12 PM
BTW, edesign: SWEET FAQ!Thanks, don't know why it never got made sticky (HINT! HINT!), maybe it would save these threads, or just those that sit in silence wondering...

Rower_CPU
Oct 22, 2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah, yeah...it's taken care of. :p

edesignuk
Oct 22, 2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah, yeah...it's taken care of. :pAh Rower....thank you fella :)

vniow
Oct 22, 2004, 05:44 PM
Thanks, don't know why it never got made sticky (HINT! HINT!), maybe it would save these threads, or just those that sit in silence wondering...

Ego explosion in 5...4...3...2...

Sun Baked
Oct 22, 2004, 05:49 PM
Ego explosion in 5...4...3...2...http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2582

edesignuk
Oct 22, 2004, 05:50 PM
Ego explosion in 5...4...3...2......ok...why is that exactly? Is the question of how you get a 'tar, and how you set them not brought up frequently?

MacNut
Oct 22, 2004, 05:51 PM
Ego explosion in 5...4...3...2...

Im gonna let that one go with no response. :eek:

MacDawg
Oct 23, 2004, 08:59 AM
...ok...why is that exactly? Is the question of how you get a 'tar, and how you set them not brought up frequently?

My vote would be "yes" it is...
But I understand why
If you are new to the forum, you don't understand the difference
If you are new to forums period, you don't know how to search

I've been around for a good while, but I don't post that much. I just read and learn, read and laugh, read and shake my head and mostly just read.

I didn't understand a lot, but I learned it over time
If I was brand new, I'd probably have asked the question too

I never posted until one day I finally had a problem that I couldn't handle by myself.

edesignuk
Oct 23, 2004, 09:03 AM
My vote would be "yes" it is...
But I understand whySure, I understand why too. That's why having a sticky that answers the question in the feedback forum (where the avatar questions seem to get posted) is a help.

I suppose some might find the wording somehow "nasty" to the newbies (relax people!), but it really isn't intended to be that way, it's just a bit of fun, while answering the (oh so common) question :)