PDA

View Full Version : Dropped a textbook on my Powerbook

elliotay
Oct 22, 2004, 01:09 PM
Hey all,

So I got up this morning and was oh so tired and accidentally knocked a text book off my desk and onto my closed powerbook sitting on the floor. I instantly knew I had dented it. I picked up my powerbook and sure enough a very noticable dent right by the apple. Such saddness as I've been so careful as to not even get any scratches on my powerbook. You guys think there's anyway I could get a new screen lid out from apple with my warranty? I really don't think I would, but I thought it might be worth trying.

jxyama
Oct 22, 2004, 01:20 PM
no... warranties don't cover accidents. insurance does.

unless there's a defect that dents the cover on its own, then warranty would have to cover it. but i've never heard of such a defect.

sorry... :(

Blue Velvet
Oct 22, 2004, 01:20 PM
I think you'd have no chance at all...

Bet the warranty doesn't cover for clumsiness
:(

elliotay
Oct 22, 2004, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I figured as much. Follow up question... how possible do you think it would be to take the screen housing off and perhaps get the dent out that way? My school has a apple certified tech shop... do you guys think it might be worth it to take it to them and see what they can do?

Blue Velvet
Oct 22, 2004, 05:10 PM
As it wouldn't cost anything to take it in, just for them to have a look... why not?

Are you close to an AppleStore? You'll get good advice in there too.

In fact, if you do a search on these forums for powerbook & dent, you may find others who've had the same problem and what they've done to get it sorted...

kbonnel
Oct 22, 2004, 06:31 PM
There must be some epidemic going on with apple notebooks, and things being dropped on them. In another thread we have a cisco attack, and now a book attack.

Very strange...

Kimo