PDA

View Full Version : 4.0: bluetooth seems wonky?

whyrichard
Jun 21, 2010, 01:17 PM
Anyone else get inconsistent/ erratic behavior with bluetooth devices?

keyboards... handfree...

r.

whyrichard
Jun 21, 2010, 01:51 PM
specifically i can't seem to connect to my mac pro....

r.

hexonxonx
Jun 21, 2010, 02:29 PM
It won't work with your Mac because syncing that way is not supported.

I was able to use my Apple bluetooth keyboard just fine but many apps aren't made to work correctly with this yet as they won't show what you are typing.

josielinnea
Jun 21, 2010, 03:17 PM
It works absolutely perfect for me. Using a logitech dinovo edge bt-keyboard.

whyrichard
Jun 21, 2010, 06:57 PM
It won't work with your Mac because syncing that way is not supported.

I was able to use my Apple bluetooth keyboard just fine but many apps aren't made to work correctly with this yet as they won't show what you are typing.

did i say anything about syncing through bluetooth?
I've been using BluePhoneElite 2 between my mac and my iphone 3.0, and i managed to (after some work) get them to pair properly and work consistently through bluetooth, but with ios 4 i can't get BluePhoneElite 2 to recognize my iphone.

r.

hexonxonx
Jun 21, 2010, 07:00 PM
did i say anything about syncing through bluetooth?
I've been using BluePhoneElite 2 between my mac and my iphone 3.0, and i managed to (after some work) get them to pair properly and work consistently through bluetooth, but with ios 4 i can't get BluePhoneElite 2 to recognize my iphone.

r.

That's exactly your problem, you weren't specific so I assumed it was to sync. That is usually what people want to connect to their Macs for. You may want to give more details next time.

whyrichard
Jun 22, 2010, 01:32 AM
That's exactly your problem, you weren't specific so I assumed it was to sync. That is usually what people want to connect to their Macs for. You may want to give more details next time.
uhhummmm...

you went from: "Anyone else get inconsistent/ erratic behavior with bluetooth devices keyboards... handfree..."

to: "It won't work with your Mac because syncing that way is not supported."

unspecific: "keyboards, handfree" hmmmm ... never mind my mildly aggro fellow mac nut with possible poor reading skills.

r.

hexonxonx
Jun 22, 2010, 01:40 AM
uhhummmm...

you went from: "Anyone else get inconsistent/ erratic behavior with bluetooth devices keyboards... handfree..."

to: "It won't work with your Mac because syncing that way is not supported."

unspecific: "keyboards, handfree" hmmmm ... never mind my mildly aggro fellow mac nut with possible poor reading skills.

r.

And you seem to have forgotten:

specifically i can't seem to connect to my mac pro....

r.

Which is why I replied that your iPhone won't sync with your Mac. You weren't specific enough....