PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Trackpad Wiggin' out

Capt Underpants
Oct 22, 2004, 03:10 PM
My powerbook trackpad has been messing up, and acting funky. When I woke it up from sleep, the trackpad was VERY jumpy. I would move it, and then it would immediately snap the arrow to the upper right corner of my screen. I couldn't do anything with my cursor, because every time i moved it, it snapped back. Has anyone else had this problem? It has happened to me before, but this time concerned me, because I played with it for a few minutes, and it didn't stop (like it usually does). I had to close the lid, let it go to sleep, and open it back up before it worked again.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know how to go about fixing it, or what is wrong?

advocate
Oct 22, 2004, 03:40 PM
This sometimes happen when I open my PowerBook in my apartment right after coming in from the cold outdoors. Maybe it's condensation or something in the trackpad? It goes away by itself after a minute or two, though. I've never had to put it to sleep to fix it.

WinterMute
Oct 22, 2004, 03:54 PM
Have you cleaned it lately, sometimes a buildup of grease at the edge of the trackpad can do that, also moisture has the same effect, especially sweat.

Give it a good clean and dry it off well.

Capt Underpants
Oct 22, 2004, 04:54 PM
How would you clean a trackpad? Wipe it with a towel? If so, should it be wet?

slipper
Oct 22, 2004, 05:39 PM
its static on the trackpad and your fingers.