Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

213rules

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I had 7 GB of storage, and after updating, I now only have 6.83 GB. Does the new system take up all that extra space? I don't want the extra .17 GB wasted, so I hope it's being put to good use.

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I had 7 GB of storage, and after updating, I now only have 6.83 GB. Does the new system take up all that extra space? I don't want the extra .17 GB wasted, so I hope it's being put to good use.

Your kidding..... right?

Silofolous

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2009
Your kidding..... right?

I'm confused. What's wrong with wanting to know where some space went to? 170 MB is a fair sized number when it comes to videos or songs, regardless of the total amount of space.

As for the question, since they added a bunch of new stuff, I'm going to assume your extra space went to that. I don't know though, so I certainly could be wrong.

213rules

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I'm confused. What's wrong with wanting to know where some space went to? 170 MB is a fair sized number when it comes to videos or songs, regardless of the total amount of space.

As for the question, since they added a bunch of new stuff, I'm going to assume your extra space went to that. I don't know though, so I certainly could be wrong.

Well, I'm pretty squeezed on space, so 170 MB would help.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010

I would have to say yes, why is .17 GB a big deal. It also halves your battery life.

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
I haven't noticed a significant decrease in battery life with iOS4 so long as I turn the WiFi off when I'm in areas that don't use it or I won't be using it for a while. Otherwise, with WiFi on all the time, it does make a difference.

213rules

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Figured it out

Yep, the system data partition is now 680 MB instead of 500 MB according to Cydia. Now, just need to wait for the Modmyi source to work so I can download Weathericon...

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I haven't noticed a significant decrease in battery life with iOS4 so long as I turn the WiFi off when I'm in areas that don't use it or I won't be using it for a while. Otherwise, with WiFi on all the time, it does make a difference.

Well its supposed too.

Ace134blue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Obviously because of the new 100 features its gonna take more space. Dont forget apple added 1,500+ api's for developers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.