Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

072648-10x0622oub23523axdc_500.jpg

Engadget posts a photo of the iPhone 4 retail packaging that has been delivered to Walmart. Despite the early arrival, Apple is restricting retailers from selling the device before the official launch day: June 24th.

However, Apple has been emailing out those who have pre-ordered the device and confirmed that many will receive their iPhone 4s on June 23rd -- a day before the official launch day. We're not sure why. It's uncharacteristic of Apple to deliver ahead of their scheduled launch day. Here is a copy of the email sent:
Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

Sincerely,
A day early delivery of the a larger number of the 600,000 pre-orders could help mitigate the traffic burden on Apple's and AT&T's activation services.

Article Link: Walmart Receives iPhone 4s, Apple Confirms Early iPhone 4 Deliveries on June 23rd

stanswx

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
Champaign, IL
I also got the email from Apple saying it would be delivered on the 23rd. However Fedex tracking still shows the 24th as the delivery date. I don't believe that it will show up early, but I'll definitely welcome it!

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
i got the email overnight, though my fedex tracking stills shows thursday for delivery. i expect that to get updated today though. thanks for early present apple!

BrockSampson

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
The unboxing of the iPhone 4 and individual reviews should take some thunder away from the Droid X announcement. Nice move Apple.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Wow Apple...

iPhone 4 gets uncovered 2 months early due to leaks and scandal.

During Steve's keynote, there is a complete networking meltdown.

During pre-orders, Apple and AT&T's servers implode with all of the traffic.

Apple ships iPhone 4 BEFORE their strict launch date.

---------------

Most botched Apple launch ever? :rolleyes::D:apple:

Dooger

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
I'm not going to bother until someone JBs it. I just cant do without tethering.

3D effect packaging looks damn cool btw

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
I wonder if this applies only to those who ordered from apple.com. I got the email with tracking information from Apple, but still haven't received the one from AT&T.

jeff33702

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2010
Yep - mine is coming on the 23rd.

I'm going to wait until the 24th to activate it though - angry at AT&T. :cool:

dlastmango

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2004
West Coast - FLORIDA
Haa haa

Anyone else notice the positioning of the iPhone box in the photo.....? that CDMA sticker is kinda obvious. Is it a hint of what's to come??? hmmmm?

(Begin the "not this again posts in...3...2...1.)
:p

d00m42

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
Miami, FL
Dang ... I *knew* I should have ordered from Apple! :apple:

Stupid AT&T jerk-faces. :mad:

Anyone who ordered from AT&T, does your FedEx tracking number actually work yet? Mine has been invalid since I got it yesterday morning... I have no idea what this means for delivery dates either. Will I get my phone on 6/24?

alm99

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Now if AT&T deliveries will only follow Apple's lead and deliver on the 23rd as well....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.