Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waynepixel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2003
Hi

I have a Mini G4 hooked up to an Apple studio display, for some reason I cannot adjust the brightness or contrast controls from my new Apple Aluminium Keyboard and there are no options to control the brightness or contrast in the system preferences.

I have deleted the com.apple.windowserver.plist but that has not helped.

Anyone have any other advise please.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
seems the mac mini g4 does not offer this function , keyboard brightness control on the alloy keyboard works fine on my eMac , but without function on my mini too, but you can control under system preferences -displays -color tab then choose whatever you like , rgb is more dimmed and srgb is more bright or calibrate to your needs

waynepixel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2003
seems the mac mini g4 does not offer this function , keyboard brightness control on the alloy keyboard works fine on my eMac , but without function on my mini too, but you can control under system preferences -displays -color tab then choose whatever you like , rgb is more dimmed and srgb is more bright or calibrate to your needs

Well I have been using the brightness controls on the keyboard and from the preferences for years now, so the option was there.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
maybe then i missed something too as i too cant get them to work ..at least under leopard , so maybe there is a box to tick somewhere in leopard which we missed
and i found it under the keyboard shortcuts there seems to be only the option for brightness to set by F14 and F15 under leopard but if pressed on the alloy keyboard these keys seem to have no effect

luck for me i have a lcd Tv as monitor , so i change the brightness via the remote control

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.