Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanielMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I just got my first Mac today. It's the new Mac Mini. I noticed that the power cable does wiggle around a little. I had a very hard time plugging it in the first time into the computer. I noticed one of the metal prongs in the Mac Mini's power hole is in further than the other one, only slightly. Then when I plug the power cable in, one of the sides of the cable is not flush with the body of the Mac Mini. I took a photo. Look at the right side. It is slightly sticking out. It powers up fine. Is it supposed to be like that and slightly wiggly as well?

Pic: http://i45.tinypic.com/23r9swk.jpg

Thanks! :)

indg

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2007
mine took quite a bit of force to push the plug in all the way. and it takes an unusual amount of effort to pull it out. if it wiggles while plugged in or is easy to take in and out, it may not be plugged in all the way.

DanielMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
mine took quite a bit of force to push the plug in all the way. and it takes an unusual amount of effort to pull it out. if it wiggles while plugged in or is easy to take in and out, it may not be plugged in all the way.

Thanks. Much appreciated! :)

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway

My AppleTV and my dad's Airport Extreme were exactly the same. I don't know why Apple does that . . .

Wouldn't it be nice if Apple maybe the Mac Mini have a lithium battery with a Magsafe power supply :cool:

-iGrant

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
that's called a macbook. :p

Yeah I deserve that, but seriously, a small lithium battery would be nice for short power failures, granted I have my Mac Mini, Cable Modem, and Wireless on a battery back so I don't have to worry about it :cool:

-iGrant

shoebobs

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
Wouldn't it be nice if Apple maybe the Mac Mini have a lithium battery with a Magsafe power supply :cool:

-iGrant

I was thinking of a similar thing the other day. I am fine with the current power setup but I think it would be nice if they added a low capacity battery (i.e. 15 minutes) so you could transport the mini between your desktop and TV without having to shutdown. I am using my mini more as a traditional computer rather than an HTPC, so it would be handy to be able to move it from my office to the TV when I wanted to watch something.

I know shutdown/boot are extremely quick on Mac, but at least that would have been a new feature to help justify the $100 increase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.