Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MK25toLife

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Ever since I installed the latest iTunes update every time I have tried to sync my iPod Classic 160GB iTunes freezes and I can’t sync so I have to force quit.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this or do I have to wait for the next update? Is Apple even aware of this?

Jenn56

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I'm having the same problem. Don't restore your iPod like I did because it does nothing. Now I have no files on my iPod and no way to sync it!

Jenn56

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
i'm not sure what happened, but two seconds after i posted that reply it started to sync. sorry i can't help you out.

synhawke

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Having the same issue with my iPod Classic 120GB after the upgrade. Haven't seen a solution presented.

MK25toLife

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
So does anyone have an answer or solution to this? Very frustrating that I can't update my iPod at all w/o iTunes crashing.

Labaguette

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
Good ol' Germany
iTunes just isn't crashed, after a while it will say "checking iPod" in the top status bar. mine did this yesterday, took twenty minutes or so (for 160GB). seems to be some problems with the cover db (which btw i already had before). better wait patiently :D

Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.