Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hrithik123

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
i have using macmini use my Old Keyboard but i cannot able to use short cut of copy past

how can i use Copy past like Ctrl + c and ctrl + v

?

hrithik123

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
which keyboard i am using there is no Command key..which i use for windows Xp..in my keyboard i have CTRL key so i am trying with CTRL c .CTRL v but not working what can i do?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
which keyboard i am using there is no Command key..which i use for windows Xp..in my keyboard i have CTRL key so i am trying with CTRL c .CTRL v but not working what can i do?

Create new shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard & Shortcuts > Keyboard Shortcuts

hrithik123

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
i am in "Preferences > Keyboard & Shortcuts > Keyboard Shortcuts"

but how can i change i want to change copy and past ... Ctrl c and ctrl v

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Btw, on many Windows keyboards, the Windows key is the one usable for CMD.

So you have CTRL - WINDOWS - ALT on the Windows keyboard, which translates to CTRL - COMMAND - OPTION/ALT when connected to a Mac.

hrithik123

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
still something missing..still not find proper place..can anyone give me screen shot?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
still something missing..still not find proper place..can anyone give me screen shot?

There's a screen shot in the link I posted:
304733_08.png
To change the keyboard shortcut for any unlisted system-wide or application-specific item, click the plus (+) button.

MRiOS

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2010
Use the Windows Key + C/V

When using a windows keyboard with a mac, the Windows key (the one with a windows logo, on the opposite side of the ALT key than the control) functions as the Command key would.
so the copy/paste commands would be

Windows Key + C = Copy
Windows Key + V = Paste
Windows Key + Z = Undo

hrithik123

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
Use the Windows Key + C/V

When using a windows keyboard with a mac, the Windows key (the one with a windows logo, on the opposite side of the ALT key than the control) functions as the Command key would.
so the copy/paste commands would be

Windows Key + C = Copy
Windows Key + V = Paste
Windows Key + Z = Undo

perfect solution....thanks

hrithik123

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
i have read in book i have to hold the option key now what key i use as a option key in this keyboard?

hrithik123

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
what about this ..Ctrl + Home ...Ctrl + End?

i try with windows key but not working

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.