Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hawk1226

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
My computer is not on Mac OS 10.6.X (To be more specific, it is 10.5.8). Therefore, I downloaded the installer from the website that corresponds to this version of Mac OS. However, when I try mounting the .dmg file, I get an error message saying "The Follow disk images failed to mount" and "Air Display Installer 10 not recognized". Has anyone been able to successfully get this app working without buying the latest Mac OS version?

superflush

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2009
My computer is not on Mac OS 10.6.X (To be more specific, it is 10.5.8). Therefore, I downloaded the installer from the website that corresponds to this version of Mac OS. However, when I try mounting the .dmg file, I get an error message saying "The Follow disk images failed to mount" and "Air Display Installer 10 not recognized". Has anyone been able to successfully get this app working without buying the latest Mac OS version?

Hm, I was about to say that I thought it only worked with Snow Leopard, however their website states this: "The Air Display support software is only compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Intel only) or greater."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.