PDA

View Full Version : Cloned Mac address conflict OSX.3 Please help.

xodustrance
Oct 24, 2004, 04:30 PM
Hello, I am in need on help. I searched the forums first, but to no avail. I have an Ibook I bought new last month. My home network is wireless, but to transfer large files, I just plug a network cable (not twisted pair, standard cat5) in the two pc's, and it takes minutes, not hours to transfer 4.35 gb files.

Well, I had to clone my mac address in Ibook's ethernet port, to my windows pc ethernet to trick a program into thinking it was talking to my mac, not my pc. It worked great, but I forgot to unplug the two before I cloned the mac address, and the two will not connect anymore, only wirelessly. The instructions warned the network would be seriously screwed up if I had them on the same segment, but it didnt say how to correct or where to look for help.

(and yes, the warning was in a FAQ at the end of the instructions, I usually catch these things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

brap
Oct 24, 2004, 05:14 PM
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can't you 'un-clone' it?

If not, and all is lost on the PC end, you can set a Terminal script in your startup folder to run ifconfig and change the MAC of your iBook's en0 (or is it eth0 in Darwin? I forget.) to something else.