Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
I'm sure most of you guys have an extra PowerSupport screen shield for the iPhone 3GS (I still have one left), now my question is would it fir the iPhone 4? I don't care to cover up the front camera at all.

keeganxt

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Atlanta, GA
There's no camera cut out like the wrapsol has. I'm not even sure te iPhone 4 specific power support films will gave a camera cut out. But it could cause some flaring issues on the lens if you cover it.

ravensfan55

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2009
Just for protection's sake, I threw on a Switcheasy I had from my 3G. It fits fairly well, but the speaker is slightly covered, and it hangs off the edges some. I can deal with it until my case-mates come next weke.

hockeydude35

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
I put my 3GS Power Support Crystal film on my iPhone 4, and it doesn't fit perfect, but as someone above said, if you line it up with the button, it covers MOST of the screen. Also, it does cover the camera, but I didn't notice ANY difference in the quality of the picture from that camera with the PS film on.

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
I used a couple of screens i had left over from Speck on the phone and it doesn't fit perfectly at all but atleast it's covering most of the front and back for now. I would rather have something on it then being naked and risking a scratch on it lol.

shigs

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2009
This is not specific to PowerSupport screen shields but I used one of my old screen protectors from my 3GS on my iPhone 4. Just like what was mentioned above it did not have the cut out for the camera so all I did was line it up on the screen, use a marker to mark where the camera is, and use a a single hole punch (for paper) to put a hole it in. Its not perfect but it will do the job until I can find ones specifically for the iPhone 4.

Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.