Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
I'm declaring my self as the first official Mac Amish in existance. I'm goint to devote the years to come only to OS9. I may stay in the past... but I'll be happy.

I'm runing Photoshop 7 under OSX and the interface feels like crap, just like the rest of the aplications I had run.

If that is the way technology is going... I rather stay in the stone age with what would become old fashion softwares like Protools 5 and Digital Performer 3 running under holly mighty OS 9.2.2 as well all my VJ softwares not present on the OSX platform yet.

I know our ways may be divided in the near future, but as long uglie computers are develop and fancy looking interfaces are all I will find, the past will be a save place to be.

Amen.

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
thats your choice, good luck.

There is no reason why you cant do that.

The only question is are you intending on upgrading your hardware or software?

They do not develop for OS9 any longer.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Well good luck to you then.
Maybe someday X will have gotten advanced enough to bring you back. Still, 9 will always be better then Windoze.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
I'm all for "old is good", man, but start playing with 10.2 on a new PowerMac G4 and you'll be tempted to forsake your Amish oath. :p

10.2 simply rocks. (I mean, uh... from what I've HEARD it simply rocks... yeah. :D )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.