PDA

View Full Version : If Pixar Why Not Apple?

MacBytes
Oct 24, 2004, 10:32 PM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: If Pixar Why Not Apple? (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041024233214)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

x86isslow
Oct 24, 2004, 11:14 PM
wonderous, give with one hand, take away with the other. talks nice about pixar, and at the same time, this guy just loves taking shots at apple+jobs. :mad:

cb911
Oct 24, 2004, 11:24 PM
yeah, why not? i hope things work out like that. :D

maybe i didn't read the article thoroughly enough, but that guy didn't seem to be taking shots, more like stating facts, no?

in comparing Apple to Pixar, you can see that Apple has a long way to go. everyone wants to go the the cinemas to see a Pixar film (probably as many, if not more than rush to see films from any other studios), but how many people rushed out to get a PowerMac or iMac? (not as many who are lusting after the latest Nvidia cards, or other PC hardware.)

x86isslow
Oct 25, 2004, 12:19 AM
the thing is, he doesn't mention what apple does that bugs him, nor should he be talking about apple if the article is about Pixar

hob
Oct 25, 2004, 01:05 AM
nor should he be talking about apple if the article is about Pixar
I think it was perfectly valid - Jobs is the CEO of both companies, and the article was about Pixar AND him...

Hob

redAPPLE
Oct 25, 2004, 01:46 AM
yeah, why not? i hope things work out like that. :D

maybe i didn't read the article thoroughly enough, but that guy didn't seem to be taking shots, more like stating facts, no?

in comparing Apple to Pixar, you can see that Apple has a long way to go. everyone wants to go the the cinemas to see a Pixar film (probably as many, if not more than rush to see films from any other studios), but how many people rushed out to get a PowerMac or iMac? (not as many who are lusting after the latest Nvidia cards, or other PC hardware.)

well if Pixar showed 20 films almost simultaneously, then not every film would be a hit (comparing to Apple products).

the_mole1314
Oct 25, 2004, 08:22 AM
Pixar had Disney for distrabution. It's like Apple having IBM to distribute their products.

wdlove
Oct 25, 2004, 11:45 AM
The publicity is always a positive thing. It's helpful to have the Apple, Pixar, and Steve Jobs name front and center on the mind of the geeks.

x86isslow
Oct 25, 2004, 10:12 PM
Pixar had Disney for distrabution. It's like Apple having IBM to distribute their products.

i'd compare it more to Dell, since both Disney and Dell know how to advertise to target audiences. Disney through kiddie or 'extra value meals', dell through vast tv/print campaigns. IBM advertises servers, services- not computers