PDA

View Full Version : Leftover Memory

Detlev
Oct 25, 2004, 07:40 AM
I am cleaning out the closets and found two RAM for iMacs. I have one for the original iMac and one for the iMac DVD-SE. Are they of any use to someone (preferably a school or non-profit organization)? I do not know their sizes. Is there a way to tell?

California
Oct 25, 2004, 11:49 AM
You might want to google the numbers on the chips. Do you remember if these were the original chips taken out of your machines? I am interested in both of them -- though they might be on 32mb for the iMac and 64mb for the iMac DV -- not very useful! I'm helping a friend get up to speed who has been using her trusty MAC SE since 1990! I figured get her on an '99 iMac to get her up to speed!

wdlove
Oct 25, 2004, 01:56 PM
You could donate the memory as you mentioned. The other idea would be to list them on eBay. All you would need is a picture and description.

debroglie
Oct 25, 2004, 02:19 PM
I'm interested in the RAM for my girlfriend's iMac in her dorm. The entire wing of her dorm uses the computer, but it lags because of a lack of adequate RAM. This could be turning potential mac users away because of the lack of speed!