Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

w...b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
I originally posted and ad for it on a local Apple forum -> For Sale 12-inch Powerbook 1.5GHz plus more

But I only have had 2 offers. One from someone who honestly doesnt sound to legit and the second is from my fiances brother.

Is my asking price for the full package to much?

Package:
12 - inch PowerBook 1.55GHz 512MB - great condition - no extension charger
iPod Video 30GB - Great Condition - comes with original charging cable
Sony Headphones
Incase Laptop bag - great condition, no long strap

Only thing i see hurting me is the Netbook market. You can get a good netbook for $299CDN. But, i know the 12" PB is like an icon in Macs. People love it.

Let me know what you think.

Oh, and the purpose for selling the computer even though I like it. When the iPhone 4 finally comes to Canada I will be getting a 32GB model for myself and a 16 GB White one for my fiance. Most likely one of them would be full price.

Thanks

4724588900_766ab1c1ff.jpg

Wade

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
Have you tried quoting on Mac2sell.com ?

I find the site pretty good, but sometimes a little high.

You could quote the ipod and mac. And if you add both of those things up it should come pretty close to the package price you should offer.

Oh, and I agree that it is an amazing laptop but becoming more and more obsolete, so don't expect people to rush in to buy it, just be patient.

Good luck

w...b

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
lol, well that sucks. It quoted the 12" PB for $150 and the iPod Video for $70.

That's $220. The headphones still sell for $70 so I would say that could be another $30. So, I'm looking at $250 by their quoting standards.

I was thinking about selling the laptop alone for $350.

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
here in the uk you could nearly get up to £300 for the powerbook , but you should not wait too long as at the moment the prices here for anything powerpc Mac related are dropping faster then you can revise a ebay listing with a lower price as there are some dealers around who want deliberately destroy the apple ppc market ....dont know why they do that , it puts people off buying ppc Mac's
and apples snow leopard is a great help as loads of peeps who would last year have bought a ibook or a powerbook buy now a hackintoshed netbook as they are more stable in price , and with osx on even fetch higher prices then their windows siblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.