PDA

View Full Version : Hackers!

XnavxeMiyyep
Jun 23, 2010, 09:31 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/06/11/everyday-items-hackers-targeting-right/

These home networks are then open to attack in surprising ways: A hacker might turn on the blender from outside your home to distract you as he sneaks in a back window, he warns.

Be careful, guys!

runplaysleeprun
Jun 24, 2010, 12:09 AM
Oh my!

Counterfit
Jun 24, 2010, 12:58 PM
I bet that hacker will sure be surprised when he goes to turn on the blender that I don't have! :D

chown33
Jun 24, 2010, 01:42 PM
I don't have a blender either. Instead, I've programmed by laser-equipped security robot to go into hunt mode when it receives any "turn on blender" commands. That wily hacker is in for a surprise!

Or I'm in trouble the next time I want margaritas.

Mousse
Jun 24, 2010, 02:19 PM
Boy, oh boy. Talk about your Expert Excrement Expeditor. I haven't been around that much BS since I quiting a dairy farm back in the late 90's.:p Funny article though.:cool:

CorvusCamenarum
Jun 24, 2010, 02:21 PM
It came from Fox, so it can't possibly be true.

GFLPraxis
Jun 24, 2010, 04:56 PM
I find it offensive that these people are paid for writing this and get to be called journalists.

Coming from someone who has worked as a journalist and in the I.T. field...this is just crap, from every perspective.

ethical
Jun 24, 2010, 05:30 PM
Ohh no! But I keep all my expensive possessions in my blender!

BanjoBanker
Jun 25, 2010, 02:46 PM
If my blender suddenly starts, I am going for my M4! All this comes as no surprise as we wire more things together in our homes. The quest for "convenience" of many people never ceases to amaze me. My home network is password protected and there is nothing attached to the network other than the computers. I can put a key in the lock in my home, I do not need to use my iPhone over the internet to do so. I know I am safe by not over automated my home.

Ttownbeast
Jun 25, 2010, 09:07 PM
I didn't know my blender had WIFI I suspected as much from my ex GF's dildo though. I mean that thing was always on when her computer was.

chrono1081
Jun 26, 2010, 01:15 AM
It came from Fox, so it can't possibly be true.

+1

The day I saw their "live coverage" of the last presidential election have different words then CNN and Al Jazeera (the two other networks I had on) was the day I stopped giving them any attention.

R94N
Jun 26, 2010, 01:18 AM
Ridiculous.