Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I've got myself a shiny new aluminum 20" Apple display. Sadly, I also now have myself a 1mm ding in the bottom right quadrent of it, though I have no idea how I did it (no, wasn't there when I bought it, so it's my fault).

Does anybody have any suggestions for polishing out/otherwise removing dings in that beautiful but soft plastic? It'd sure be nice to at least reduce how visible it is...

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
I don't think its possibly really. If you can somehow take the external case off and then GENTLY pound the ding out then thats the only thing I can think of.

This is the only problem with the aluminum, while it looks very nice, it looks like crap in a hurry if it gets scratch and dinged up.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
mklos said:
This is the only problem with the aluminum, while it looks very nice, it looks like crap in a hurry if it gets scratch and dinged up.
Sorry, guess I wasn't clear in my question. The ding is on the plastic screen itself, not the aluminum case. The case, I'd feel comfortable tapping on or maybe polishing with some fine-grit sandpaper, but the plastic screen I'm not nearly so confident about messing with without making the blemish much worse.

Hence my asking for tips...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.