PDA

View Full Version : DJ Creepy shares his MP3j tips & tricks

MacBytes
Oct 25, 2004, 08:43 PM
Category: Tips and How To\'s
Link: DJ Creepy shares his MP3j tips & tricks (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041025214358)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

punter
Oct 26, 2004, 03:12 AM
He mixes using itunes party mix with 12 seconds cross-fade... if that gives you some idea of how professional this dj is.

Obviously over airport express this would be a cool and casual set up, but nothing beyond the grasp of even entry level mac users.

redAPPLE
Oct 26, 2004, 04:08 AM
He mixes using itunes party mix with 12 seconds cross-fade... if that gives you some idea of how professional this dj is.

Obviously over airport express this would be a cool and casual set up, but nothing beyond the grasp of even entry level mac users.

wha?? don't get it... :o

Sharewaredemon
Oct 26, 2004, 08:13 AM

Actually, I think that is what he does on his "lower key" shows, they don't talk about his "bigger" shows, so we don't know what he does there.
But there is a picture of him in front of a soundboard with a desktop monitor.

vollspacken
Oct 26, 2004, 08:43 AM
what a dork :rolleyes:

iTunes??? are you kidding???

get Native Instruments Traktor or Final Scratch if you won't use vinyl...

vSpacken

2GMario
Oct 26, 2004, 09:22 AM
http://otsturntables.com/

i played with this some time ago, not that im a dj

its pretty cool thow. you insert 1 or 2 cds into the drive, it reads them, cache's them and lets you mix them live

not for os x unfortunately

wonder how many dj's know about this or use it

-Mario

nagromme
Oct 26, 2004, 11:01 AM
There's a downloadable app for OS X called "Ask the DJ" that will beat-match songs automatically and crossfade. Kind of an unusual interface. I'm no DJ so I can't say if it's of much pro use... but it looked cool :)

methodshop
Oct 26, 2004, 11:36 AM

this is tips for "low-key" gigs. he does live stage shows too.

methodshop
Oct 26, 2004, 11:49 AM
what a dork :rolleyes:

iTunes??? are you kidding???

get Native Instruments Traktor or Final Scratch if you won't use vinyl...

vSpacken

did you miss this paragraph?

"There are distinct advantages. For smaller shows I suggest using iTunes Party Shuffle on a laptop with an Airport Express wired to a house system (or JBL EON 10 speakers). The wireless setup can a bit risky but most people respect expensive hardware and the effort. They're blown away by music without wires. For my real shows I'll use Native Instruments Final Scratch and/or Traktor. And don't forget, plain old vinyl works too. But all that's a little too complicated for the hobbist MP3j.

vollspacken
Oct 27, 2004, 12:36 PM
did you miss this paragraph?

yepp, obviously

...but this doesn't change my point

vSpacken