Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark Morb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Norfolk
Hi,
I have been using the Sena Ultraslim pouch for my 3GS and wanted to get one for my new iPhone 4:

http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-4-cases/ultraslim/

I've got a sneaky suspicion it's the same as the 3GS one as the picture shows it with a rounded contour, and it looks indistinguishable from the 3GS one.
If anyone else has one of these (or plans on ordering one) I'd appreciate it if you could confirm that it is a new design.
Thanks,
Mark

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
I'm pretty sure the reason they are holding off on making/shipping these is so they can get an actual phone to ensure snug fit. I think the one in the photo was simply for illustrative purposes.

That said, I wonder if the Ultraslim will hold a iPhone 4 w/ a bumper installed?

Mark Morb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Norfolk
I'm pretty sure the reason they are holding off on making/shipping these is so they can get an actual phone to ensure snug fit. I think the one in the photo was simply for illustrative purposes.

That said, I wonder if the Ultraslim will hold a iPhone 4 w/ a bumper installed?

You could be right there....I'll leave it a couple of weeks and see what happens....

shawntkeating

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2010
NJ
I bought this pouch for my 3G a couple years ago. Pulled it out yesterday to use on my new iPhone 4. The case has been stretched out a little because of use, but it still fits the bill for the iPhone 4. Sena could make it a tiny bit slimmer for the iPhone 4's , but overall it will do the job until the novelty wears off and i go naked.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007

there is no way the ultra slim will fit the iphone 4 with bumper. it is a very tight fit (which i love)

hopefully theyll ship before the 30th :)

eggmclovin

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2008
So Cal
Just ordered mine! I agree with previous posts, the picture on their site is most likely just to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Mark Morb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Norfolk
Just ordered mine! I agree with previous posts, the picture on their site is most likely just to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Great..Could you let us know what it's like when you get it. I'm using the 3GS version at the moment for my iPhone 4, it's ok but a little too short....

eggmclovin

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2008
So Cal
Sure thing. The website says it should ship on the 30th. Overnight shipping was only $9 so I jumped for that. I'll update once it arrives.

stefc93

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010
For anyone that already owns a Sena UltraSlim case: Does the case cover the ENTIRE/WHOLE phone? Hard to tell from the picture.

r3p00c

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
I preordered the Sena orange/black argyle slip case, can't wait to get it!

Use this code to get 20% off your order: PCWIPNK11

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
I preordered the Sena orange/black argyle slip case, can't wait to get it!

Use this code to get 20% off your order: PCWIPNK11
Thanks for the discount code. :)
Just placed my order.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Hopefully the Ultraslim preorders will start shipping today... the ship date for preorders is now July 8. Has anyone received a shipping notice yet?

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
For anyone that already owns a Sena UltraSlim case: Does the case cover the ENTIRE/WHOLE phone? Hard to tell from the picture.

I've owned their ultraslim case for the 3G/3GS. It covers the entire phone. It's a perfect snug fit right to the top of the phone.

GameraFan

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
I wrote them and asked if an iPhone 4 with Apple Bumper would fit the UltraSlim. Their response: "Our cases are custom made to the specific dimensions per device. Any additional coverage will not work with our cases."

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
i have not received a shipping notice but i was told yesterday over the phone they will go out today. only problem is that their shipment arrives after usps picks up :(

so in reality they might go out tomorrow.. or today if the shipment gets there in time

thetonyclifton

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2006
Belfast - UK
I wrote them and asked if an iPhone 4 with Apple Bumper would fit the UltraSlim. Their response: "Our cases are custom made to the specific dimensions per device. Any additional coverage will not work with our cases."

An iphone 4 and bumper wont even fit in the 3G ultraslim which is bigger.

David87

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
Essex, UK
I pre-ordered a couple of the UltraSlim ones (one red, one baby blue - not sure which colour to go for!) and will post here when I get a shipping notification. Should be today hopefully! All colours do say June 30th shipping, with the exception of black, which has recently slipped back to July 8th.

thetonyclifton

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2006
Belfast - UK
i have not received a shipping notice but i was told yesterday over the phone they will go out today. only problem is that their shipment arrives after usps picks up :(

so in reality they might go out tomorrow.. or today if the shipment gets there in time

I got a FedEx email to say mine was shipped 1st July with estimated arrival 5th July to UK.

iphone 4 sena ultraslim - black

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
i got my shipping notice yesterday..

first of all, i ordered on june 9th.. it should have been shipped on the 30th like they stated..

second of all, i did NOT choose fedex ground, i am in texas and will be getting this damn case on the 7th!

i am seriously not to happy with sena right now.. i love their products, but this is ridiculous..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.