Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
that is sweet. How does one get able to shop in the employee store? You have to know someone and be put on a list, like the Nike employee store?

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Talk about a dream come true for visiting Apple campus.

It's almost as prestigious to see the dean of your college walking campus. Almost

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
How does one get able to shop in the employee store?

You just open the door and walk in.

The blog author states that he shopped in the Company Store, which is a retail store on the Apple campus that carries all sorts of Apple-branded swag in addition to the usual computers and software. Anyone can go in and purchase something there, though you do have to be an employee if you want a discount on anything.

Kieranic

Apr 23, 2010
You lucky bugger! :p
Honestly if I was you, I would say Hi. I don't think he'd mind saying Hi to an Apple Lover :D

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
He still looks incredibly frail.

I noticed that too, but I'm not surprised. What he went through was devastating on the body and I've read that it can be tough for the body to absorb proper nutrients afterwards. Add that to the fact he and his wife are strict vegans and I would think he would be thin.

Cool article though. I think the geek in me would be awe struck too. I would have said something though....not slamming the OP in any way....I think I would have just been too giddy to not say anything. :)

thanks for sharing.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Okay.. I see the word 'Mothership', and immediately think of George Clinton and P-Funk. Then you say you saw Steve.. I can't picture him coming out of the Mothership with Clinton, unless he's going to be the new DiaperMan/Starchild (RIP, Garry Shider)..

Anywho, all sarcasm and joking aside, you should have asked him the proper way to hold the iPhone 4.. If he doesn't say, well.. like the kid wanting to know how many licks it takes to get to the center of the Tootsie Pop, 'the world will never know'..

BL.

BanjoBanker

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Mt Brook, AL
I have been to the Mother Ship a couple of times and it is always a treat. I ran into Steve at Peat's in Cuppertino once and he was very kind when I spoke. Just a "Hi Mr Jobs, I am a huge fan of your company's products!" to which he said thanks and shook my hand. Great day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.