Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Got iPhone 4 June 23rd.
Installed Zagg IS June 23rd.
Let sit overnight.

Now it's the end of June 24th and I love it.

Yes, the feel takes a couple hours to get used to!
You can't just completely hate it after holding it for one minute.

I have no bubbles or dust and this was my first time ever installing one.

I got the full body maximum protection and I can safely say I feel my phone is safe.

The front/back/sides are all covered with probably only >5% of the phone exposed.

I WILL be purchasing from Zagg again.

Btw, can I just say that it doesn't effect the screen THAT much.
It's possible I didn't get a good look at the retina display before installing but it looks the same to me AFTER installation.

Just my two cents.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
It feels tacky and rubbery. I don't want to have to get used to it. That's why I'm getting a power support crystal film. It feels like glass. It's smooth and shiny, not rubbery and cheap feeling. Seriously, my phone feels like a cheap $30 plastic touch phone from sprint. You know, the ones that feel like toys? That's not how I roll.

irich25

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
It feels tacky and rubbery. I don't want to have to get used to it. That's why I'm getting a power support crystal film. It feels like glass. It's smooth and shiny, not rubbery and cheap feeling. Seriously, my phone feels like a cheap $30 plastic touch phone from sprint. You know, the ones that feel like toys? That's not how I roll.

I wonder if power support going to make one for the back as well?

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009

Yes, it does feel A LITTLE rubbery if you put your nail against it.
If your just using your finger tip, it feel no different than any other iPhone screen I've touched.

It also adds great grip for the back.
I don't feel like it's going to slip out of my hand.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Yes, it does feel A LITTLE rubbery if you put your nail against it.
If your just using your finger tip, it feel no different than any other iPhone screen I've touched.

When I slide my finger along it my finger jumps along instead of sliding smoothly. Do you know what I mean?

mloffa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
When I slide my finger along it my finger jumps along instead of sliding smoothly. Do you know what I mean?

Mine is very smooth?
This is my first Zagg product so I'm not sure with other ones.
Maybe they changed it?
Or maybe I have oily hands. :rolleyes:

Completely smooth for me.

Cmegamighty

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
I've been using Zagg since my first iPhone 3g. then 3gs. Had to buy a lot because they got dirty... lol sometimes wouldn't stick and tried to remove the dust then became non sticky.

Let's just hope the ip4 shield will last as long as my 3gs'. :p

I like it but the back side irritates me (full body) ... the apple logo is all bubbly or a little bit of water look.

Anyways, with a Zagg. You know you won't get a scratched product. ;)

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
I had one on my iPhone 3Gs, but I had a case so I never used it (only had it on the back/chrome, I had Power Support for the face) and this forum persuaded me to hold off on it.

However, I highly regret not putting the Invisibleshield on (I got it on the 22, iPhone on the 23) because I think there are a few blemishes (really microscopic, but I'm kinda anal but w/e) from all the dirt/dust that collected underneath the screen protector that came with the iPhone (and the protector came off so I had to use my old 3Gs screen protector = dirty)

I put it on today, and it's great! Some of the linings and cut isn't exactly perfect but oh man, its so clean looking (I was using my old 3Gs MIRROR screen protector, oh man how embarassing was it to show off my iPhone 4 with a mirror screen protector -_-), but now I got the Invisible Shield + Black Bumper and it looks really good :D

I still got a Wrapsol coming in the mail tho, so I'm not sure which one imma stick with. If anything, Imma just use my warranty on the IS and give it to my mom when she gets her White iPhone 4. Damn this was a long post.

I just needed to vent and express myself; cool story bro; lulzcat.

ScreamingPsycho

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2009
Rocky Top
I like the lifetime warranty on the Zagg Invisible Shield. I have had to get replacements before but only because the back peels off sometimes (3G). With the iPhone 4 having a flat front and back, I doubt a replacement will be necessary. I have been using the Zagg IS since I got my iPhone 3G and it looks brand new. Defiantly going to get an iPhone 4 IS. (especially with the iPad giveaway discount)

One thing I do hate about the newer IS's is that stupid sponge. They need to go back to the spray. The sponge leaves residue on the IS. At least it did on the last replacement I got.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Yes, the Power Support shield for iP4 includes a protector for the front and back.

I'm just mad that I spent $25 on it for the shield and installation. I want a refund. But they don't do them. If the shield gets messed up, they'll install a new one for free but they won't give me my money back. I'm just going to end up paying ~$70 on protection. At least it's better than paying to replace a broken one!

But I'm definitely buying a PS film.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
+1 ^^^ Peeling is the real issue for me; and I've had Zagg's IS on all of my iPhones. It seems that I get a free IS every year at Macworld SF b/c of peeling. Their customer service is pretty good: I just don't like replacing it EVERY year...:eek:

jonnykanzen

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
Just to give my two pence worth....

I had an IS on my 3g. Although I installed it pretty well I couldn't get those corners perfect so of course dust settle there and I overall hated it. When it came to selling the 3g though the dust was easily wiped away and my phone felt like new. When I got my 3gs though I didn't bother installing IS because of the corners issue.

When I got my iPhone 4 a decided to give it another shot as there are no curves in this model (apart from the side board which are just easy straight strips which were v easy to install).

Overall, I am very happy with the device. Looks wise, I really do believe that this version of IS is invisible. Ofcourse the back and screen aren't quite as smooth as they are without it but I think zagg have drastically improved on this and I feel it is significantly better than the feel of the one I installed on my 3gs.

As for the screen, I feel there has also been great improvement there. I had the iphone a whole day without the IS installed and I can honestly say I can't notice a difference with it now on. There is no horrible orange peel effect (although you can slightly see it when the screen is OFF and you reflect the light on it).

I am VERY happy with this product and would recomend it to anybody! It was the normal spray/squeegy version and was the easiest IS I have ever installed. Took no more than 20mins.

Drakdaddy

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
The problem with PS is that they dont all have cutouts for the flash, which heavily alters the image quality

RiceRacerDX

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Hey OP, place your i4 on a flat glass surface and apply gentle pressure against it (or no pressure at all). Report back when you can't pick up the phone when it sticks to it like a fat man in a leather-interior car on a hot day.

egraphixstudios

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
For those who have applied the invisible shield on the ip4, are there proper cutouts for the cameras front and back?

And how are the sides? one long strip that you wrap around?

pics would be nice!

DrQueezy

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Dallas, TX
The Zagg full body came with front, back, AND sides? I bought one but it only came with the front and back.. just checked the trash and I didn't throw it out.

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
For those who have applied the invisible shield on the ip4, are there proper cutouts for the cameras front and back?

And how are the sides? one long strip that you wrap around?

pics would be nice!

there are various strips that go around the phone so that they don't overlap the sim card, the dock connector, the volume up and down (theres an IS between them) and also between the volume up and the vibrate switch), and so that they don't overlap the headphone jack or the little dot next to it (lolll) and the hold button

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
I prefer bodyguardz but don't really have an issue with either. I have bg on the way.

egraphixstudios

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
Thanks for the replies!

Now i've looked around and there seems to be 3 different variations of the IS:

1. front only (£13.45)
2. front and back (??)
3. front,back and sides. (17.99)

these are off ebay uk.

SexyBeast

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
I love the invisible shield. I don't have to worry about my phone getting scratched and it will always work like new. I got the IS put on at Best Buy right after I bought my phone. I didn't even really let it set, I just went ahead and used it. 18 hours later and there are no bubbles or imperfections. You can't even tell it's on the phone!

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
The problem with PS is that they dont all have cutouts for the flash, which heavily alters the image quality

How do you know? PS hasn't even put a picture on their website yet because they are just now getting the design right. (Apple didn't release dimensions to case manufacturers so they have do design them with actual phones.) I bet PS will have the cutout for the flash. And on the antiglare it will have a cutout for the front camera.

DaffyDuck

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007

Your 1st and 2nd paragraphs basically contradict each other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.