PDA

View Full Version : Why can I delete messages on some threads?

jsw
Oct 26, 2004, 07:14 PM
I spent about a month not posting and barely reading this forum recently, so maybe I missed something - a brief search didn't turn up any answers, though.

I find that, when I post replies to the 'MacRumors News Discussion' forum, and then go to edit them, I have the option of deleting the post. This is new to me. On any of the other forums, I don't seem to have this ability.

Did I miss something while I was 'gone'?

musicpyrite
Oct 26, 2004, 07:16 PM
I've never had that ability, wonder why? :confused:

jsw
Oct 26, 2004, 07:20 PM
I've never had that ability, wonder why? :confused:Post to the main forum, then see if you can edit it. I just started seeing this ability. So far, I only see it in the main 'News Discussion' forum.

rainman::|:|
Oct 26, 2004, 07:22 PM
Did you just become a demi?

paul

jsw
Oct 26, 2004, 07:32 PM
Did you just become a demi?

paulYup (although I paid in July...). That conveys deletion capabilities in some forums? Interesting. The main forum only, or others as well? I know it's not universal, and I've only seen it in the main forum so far - not that I've done exhaustive testing.

vniow
Oct 26, 2004, 11:35 PM
Yup (although I paid in July...). That conveys deletion capabilities in some forums? Interesting. The main forum only, or others as well? I know it's not universal, and I've only seen it in the main forum so far - not that I've done exhaustive testing.

Yeah, it shows up in the MR News forum for me as well only so far. Community is a no-go and that's all I've tested as of now. You would think that if it was enabled in one it would be enabled in all but....

Mudbug
Oct 26, 2004, 11:38 PM
this harps back to a glitch a week or two ago - should be fixed soon (sorry :))

vniow
Oct 26, 2004, 11:42 PM
Damn, I sorta liked having the option to delete a post again

Ah well.

Capt Underpants
Oct 27, 2004, 05:03 PM
If i was a demi, i would've kept my mouth shut. I'd have fun deleting other people's posts... :D ;)