Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I spent about a month not posting and barely reading this forum recently, so maybe I missed something - a brief search didn't turn up any answers, though.

I find that, when I post replies to the 'MacRumors News Discussion' forum, and then go to edit them, I have the option of deleting the post. This is new to me. On any of the other forums, I don't seem to have this ability.

Did I miss something while I was 'gone'?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
musicpyrite said:
I've never had that ability, wonder why? :confused:
Post to the main forum, then see if you can edit it. I just started seeing this ability. So far, I only see it in the main 'News Discussion' forum.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
paulwhannel said:
Did you just become a demi?

paul
Yup (although I paid in July...). That conveys deletion capabilities in some forums? Interesting. The main forum only, or others as well? I know it's not universal, and I've only seen it in the main forum so far - not that I've done exhaustive testing.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
jsw said:
Yup (although I paid in July...). That conveys deletion capabilities in some forums? Interesting. The main forum only, or others as well? I know it's not universal, and I've only seen it in the main forum so far - not that I've done exhaustive testing.

Yeah, it shows up in the MR News forum for me as well only so far. Community is a no-go and that's all I've tested as of now. You would think that if it was enabled in one it would be enabled in all but....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.