Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vinny1967

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Got myself a shiny new iPhone 4 and Apple Bumper case.

However, my Sennheiser CX300 headphones do not fit with the bumper case on.
The plastic moulding above the jack on the headphones is too wide to properly fit into the hole in the bumper.

Can anyone recommend some in-ear phones that DEFINITELY work with the Bumper case?

Vinny1967

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
my nuforce ne-7m headphones work perfectly with the bumper case on

got them on amazon for $50 and are way better than my bose in ear and vmodas ive had

Thanks for the reply, but I'm in the UK and can't find that many places that sell these.

Does anyone have any other recommendations that can be bought (and exchanged if neccessary) in the UK?

allonym

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Got myself a shiny new iPhone 4 and Apple Bumper case.

However, my Sennheiser CX300 headphones do not fit with the bumper case on.
I have what I thought were CX 300 but looking at pics on the web (google "sennheiser cx 300") I seem to have CX 300-II. These fit fine as do my V-Moda Vibes (the one with the 45 degree jack). My Sennheiser HD-25s don't fit though.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Monster Turbines work perfectly. The plug is the exact size as the hole in the case. I love my turbines. All metal earbuds, no plastic so nothing to break.

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Nice, I have some Image S2Ms and I think they have the same connector. Is the connector at a right angle?

I own the Klipsch S4 and it does not use a right-angle plug. I don't have an iPhone 4 yet, but I doubt anything with a right-angle plug would work with a bumper case.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
If you use the apple store are your guide anything that was designed to plug into the headphone jack on an iPhone 2g will work with the ip4/bumper!

Psant

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
I own the Klipsch S4 and it does not use a right-angle plug. I don't have an iPhone 4 yet, but I doubt anything with a right-angle plug would work with a bumper case.

Hmm, okay, thanks for the info! Saved me 30 bucks haha.

vabigpoppa

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2008
Hmm, okay, thanks for the info! Saved me 30 bucks haha.

uhh the image s4's DO have a right angle plug

klipsch-image-s4-1.JPG

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I've used both NuForce and UltimateEars with the bumper on my i4. Had to push a little harder to seat the jack with the UE's, otherwise no problem with either.

bmonster

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
i have three pairs of shure earphones and none of them work with my iphone 4 with bumper case. im really bummed about this...

I just got mine in today and it works with the Shure SE110s. I'm pretty sure what the guy said above is correct.. that if they were built to work with the original iPhone's recessed port, it'll probably work with the bumper.

Fazzl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
I just got mine in today and it works with the Shure SE110s. I'm pretty sure what the guy said above is correct.. that if they were built to work with the original iPhone's recessed port, it'll probably work with the bumper.

hmm i have he e2c and scl4 and they don't fit :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.