PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Technology releases iTrip Black to match the new U2 ...

MacBytes
Oct 26, 2004, 09:43 PM
Category: 3rd Party Hardware
Link: Griffin Technology releases iTrip Black to match the new U2 iPod (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041026224314)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

nagromme
Oct 26, 2004, 11:06 PM
I think that's actually pretty cool looking!

I prefer the classic white, but black and red is fun--even more so with black gizmos to attach :)

MoparShaha
Oct 26, 2004, 11:11 PM
I might pick one up to match my black iSkin'ed iPod.

PlaceofDis
Oct 26, 2004, 11:35 PM
I might pick one up to match my black iSkin'ed iPod.

i was thinking the same thing, but will it fit with the way the iSkin covers the top of the Pod?

abc123
Oct 27, 2004, 12:42 AM
griffin must have a very good relationship with apple, i didn't think apple told anyone about new hardware untill it was released.

on second thoughts this could explain why everyone was so sure about the black ipod

Nermal
Oct 27, 2004, 02:28 AM
On the other hand, Griffin could've just been following rumours. The new iTrip isn't available yet, so there's a chance that Griffin got everything ready, but waited for an official announcement before actually producing any black iTrips.

SilentRaven
Oct 27, 2004, 02:48 AM
On the other hand, Griffin could've just been following rumours. The new iTrip isn't available yet, so there's a chance that Griffin got everything ready, but waited for an official announcement before actually producing any black iTrips.

that's exactly how it's done. Griffen already has the negatives, painting can be done in a day for a mock up when the negatives are supplied. They get it in, shoot it, wait for the announcement. If it doesn't go through, they either keep it for future refrence, or they send it back to get repainted in white. i could always be wrong, but i think it's logical.

nagromme
Oct 27, 2004, 11:26 AM
They could simply know they can get black plastic quickly, and have photoshopped (or painted) an old one to show on the site. There might not BE any true black iTrips in existence quite yet.

gerlitzappel
Oct 29, 2004, 12:35 PM
I can't get excited about this, no matter what color they make it. My original iTrip is a piece of garbage, it never provided me with acceptable performance.

Dr. Dastardly
Oct 30, 2004, 06:40 PM
I like the U2 iTrip better than the U2 iPod. :p Even with a white iPod I would still consider getting a black iTrip just because the contrast I think would be pretty cool.

Or if you really need it to match you could just go to colorware and get a full black iPod. I'm partial to the silver one myself seeing that it will match my Powerbook. :cool:

t300
Oct 30, 2004, 07:59 PM
I heard that people emailed Griffin and said the iTrip's were racist so they made black ones too..

No, but seriously...Griffin is a great company that are always on top of things. I love when they come out with stuff because it's always cool and hip. Good going Griffin...even though I think the U2 iPod itself is stupid.