PDA

View Full Version : SGP Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint or Crystall Clear

cosmaboy
Jun 25, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone can advise me on the following, having had a naked iPad (screen wise) for the last few weeks and always cleaning it on many occasions, I have decided to have a look at screen protectors / anti fingerprint protectors, but I am undecided at what's best.....

Having read a few reviews I have decided that the SGP Steinhall protectors seem the best, now please correct me If im wrong but that's seems to be the general opinion on what websites I've read.......

However the question is Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint or Crystall Clear, I've never been one for glare / anti fingerprint as it takes away the look and feel of the quality iPad screen but if this enables u to have a good quality picture when in sunlight then that surely would be worth it, as that is the only thing that disappoints me is that you can't read or use ur iPad outside.

Any recommendations on what's best?

Thanks

Mat

jrlepage
Jul 24, 2010, 11:16 PM
I know this is an old question, but in case anyone is still wondering about this - my wife and I both got the anti-fingerprint and just finished installing them. I hate to say it, but they really detract from the sharpness of the screen. It definitely has a grainy appearance and it's obvious that it has a protector on it.

If I knew it would look this way when I made the purchase, I definitely would've gone with the crystal clear. Hope this helps someone who is trying to decide... I might be able to get used to the way the anti-fingerprint looks, but honestly I'd trade fingerprints for this anyday. Unfortunately, they cost $20 each so my wife and I won't be changing them out anytime soon.

jeremy3721
Jul 24, 2010, 11:30 PM
I know this is an old question, but in case anyone is still wondering about this - my wife and I both got the anti-fingerprint and just finished installing them. I hate to say it, but they really detract from the sharpness of the screen. It definitely has a grainy appearance and it's obvious that it has a protector on it.

If I knew it would look this way when I made the purchase, I definitely would've gone with the crystal clear. Hope this helps someone who is trying to decide... I might be able to get used to the way the anti-fingerprint looks, but honestly I'd trade fingerprints for this anyday. Unfortunately, they cost $20 each so my wife and I won't be changing them out anytime soon.

Just curious, what brand did you go with?

jrlepage
Jul 25, 2010, 12:27 AM
Just curious, what brand did you go with?

SGP Steinheil :-/

jeremy3721
Jul 25, 2010, 12:50 AM
I'm just curious If there is a difference between this brand's anti glare and the Power Support version everyone raves about.

Pared
Jul 25, 2010, 01:24 PM
The difference is minor. Not worth the extra money.

AF shields are going to impact the quality, one way or another.

ntrigue
Jul 25, 2010, 01:31 PM
I disliked the SGP, it felt like paper and grease and oil were not reduced. Very pleased with PowerSupport AG. Only have to wipe after playing games. Nice feel on finger tips.