Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
As first reported in February, Apple will open a retail store in London this year. The first European Apple Store will open in London on November 20, making it the third non-U.S. Apple Store, the others being in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan.

In Tuesday's press event, Steve Jobs reported that Apple's 93 stores had had 24 million visitors in the fiscal year and brought in $1.2 billion in revenues. The new London store and Apple's six new mini stores will add to Apple's retail presence.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
I'm gonna go to the opening if I can... Will there be lucky bags, anyone? What do you think?

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
dontmatter said:
two tokyo area, one london, rumors of other london locations... wonder why apple does a few close to eachother, instead of trying spread them out and then increase density?

What rumours of other London locations do you know of ?

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Yes!

I am hopping over to London for that weekend (was aiming for the 20th November opening, as mentioned on MacWorld.co.uk some time ago), so I'll be there!

quidire

macrumors 6502
If anyone goes there and can offer a opening day T shirt to sell, I'd like to buy.

Its unlikely that any of you won't want yours, but others you meet there may be willing to part with theirs for a price.

Please email me at quidire (at) gmail (dot) com

-RS

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I'm going home (to London) from Uni this weekend... I've decided when I'm going home again!! I will insist on a lucky bag or i'll just take a big bin-liner and fill it up myself...!

Hob

Sayhey

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2003
San Francisco
Loge said:
What rumours of other London locations do you know of ?

I don't know about other London locations but there is this about other locations in the UK.

Apple's plans to open a retail outlet on London's Regent Street are well-known. The company is also now hiring staff to run an outlet in Birmingham, and revealed that it intends opening other stores in the UK and Japan over the next 12 months.

A source told Macworld that, in addition to London and Birmingham, Apple is rumoured to be considering: Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Oxford, Cambridge, Brighton and Southampton.

Macworld UK

And yes, as I posted in a previous thread and you have also pointed out it is the 20th - not the 21st that is the opening date.

elzo

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2004
I'm going to the store in the morning and MacExpo in the afternoon, which is in Islington - so not that far away.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
It is the 20th, it's been common knowledge for a while now.

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/regentstreet

See, says 20th. Also, look on the page for info about goody bags - I think they're going to be £200 but im too lazy to load up the page again :p

I really want to queue up, but it's sooo frikkin cold I dont know if I wanna. It's like I gotta wear 5 layers to come out of the house and stay warm these days :(

Anyway, anyone else looking forward to seeing the iPod photo when it's there? I cant wait to see it :D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Damien said:
does anyone know what lucky bags usually contain?

From a post where someone was selling theirs:

Apple Airport Extreme Base Station
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Apple Wireless Mouse
Apple iLife 04
Apple Keynote
Apple .Mac
D-Link Bluetooth USB Adapter
10% Gift Card on one time purchase(s) made at any Apple store

As I recall, a few had iPods instead of the Airport Base Stations.

MacMyDay

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2003
Cambridge, England
asif786 said:
See, says 20th. Also, look on the page for info about goody bags - I think they're going to be £200 but im too lazy to load up the page again :p

"and you can snap up a Lucky Bag with an estimated value of over £700 for just £249."

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
Damien said:
does anyone know what lucky bags usually contain?

I'm hoping mine will have a 60Gb iPod Photo in it :D :D :D

How many bags do they usually sell? Do I need to queue for hours before it opens to get one? What time do you think we need to arrive to get near the front of the queue?

How exciting - I think I may plan a trip to London that Day!

CTerry

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2004
Ahh well Im not gonna be in London then but Im gonna be there on the 31st. I wonder if me gf would mind spending the entire day praying to the great Steve Jobs and Jonathan Ives Gods of great design and beautiful hardware!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.