PDA

View Full Version : Rejected Limited Edition iPods

MacBytes
Oct 27, 2004, 07:57 AM
Category: Humor
Link: Rejected Limited Edition iPods (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041027085743)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Sir_Giggles
Oct 27, 2004, 08:22 AM
Let's not forget the Michael Jackson Limited Edition iPod...

- Comes in your choice of black or white.
* Limit 1 per customer.

- Included are five (5) free child passes to the Neverland Ranch.

jsw
Oct 27, 2004, 08:25 AM
Rejected Limited Edition iPods (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041027085743)Hilarious!

Diatribe
Oct 27, 2004, 08:35 AM
Too funny. :D

broken_keyboard
Oct 27, 2004, 08:40 AM
Let's not forget the LinPod.

Comes preinstalled with Vi for manually editing your playlists, and adds a funky "uptime" display to the iPod screen.

Sir_Giggles
Oct 27, 2004, 08:56 AM
Martha Stewart's "It's A Good Thing" Edition iPod.

- Comes in prison stripes.

- Preloaded with all your favourite prison-themed songs, including such classics as "County Jail Blues" by Eric Clapton to modern day hits like "I Wanna Be Free" by gangsta rap group Cali and Killa from their hot new album, Hustlerz.

- Also comes preloaded with never-been-released recordings from her trial.

- Laser engraved signature of Martha Stewart, along with her federal prison ID number.

- Wrap it up with ribbons and dried leaves. Makes a great gift!

zelmo
Oct 27, 2004, 08:59 AM

- Comes in prison stripes.

- Preloaded with all your favourite prison-themed songs, including such classics as "County Jail Blues" by Eric Clapton to modern day hits like "I Wanna Be Free" by gangsta rap group Cali and Killa from their hot new album, Hustlerz.

- Also comes preloaded with never-been-released recordings from her trial.

- Laser engraved signature of Martha Stewart, along with her federal prison ID number.

- Wrap it up with ribbons and dried leaves. Makes a great gift!

Thank you, that made my day. :p :D

broken_keyboard
Oct 27, 2004, 09:05 AM

Tehehe...good job. Poor Martha, I hope she gets out soon...

aarond12
Oct 27, 2004, 09:08 AM

comes in your choice of black on white or white on black.

Don't forget it's an iPod Mini, too... he likes 'em small... :eek:

-Aaron- :D

csimmons
Oct 27, 2004, 09:20 AM

Damn, that's cold :D

How about the Prince iPod: a purple Mini, with the words "iPod mini" that magically turn into the Apple symbol, a year later back into the words "iPod mini". :cool:

macridah
Oct 27, 2004, 09:29 AM
hah ... i wanted to quote everyone and tell them it busted me up, but I'll do it as a whole, hah.

funny ... actually, keep them coming--i'll check this thread all day.

Thomas Veil
Oct 27, 2004, 09:31 AM

- Comes in your choice of black or white.
Actually, it comes in black which fades away to white over time.

Then there's the George Bush iPod, which costs you a fortune, plays only John Phillip Souza marches and war movie themes, and has a blank display that won't tell you anything.

ocellnuri
Oct 27, 2004, 09:38 AM
Maybe it's just too early in the morning for me, but the linked parodies were kinda weak.

For instance, the P. Diddy iPod should come preloaded with tons of songs from various artists, and it lets you select which P. Diddy vocals you're going to overlay on each song.

How about some Bush/Kerry iPods? The Bush iPod won't let you change the song, even if you hate the song more than anything in the world. Afterall, it's important for your iPod to choose a song and stick with it, even when it's not the popular thing to do. The Kerry iPod, on the other hand, would be stuck in intro mode, playing the first 10 seconds of a song before switching to something else. This "feature" cannot be turned off.

Edit: For the record, I was typing this when ^ was posted.

zelmo
Oct 27, 2004, 09:39 AM

Then there's the George Bush iPod, which costs you a fortune, plays only John Phillip Souza marches and war movie themes, and has a blank display that won't tell you anything.

You wear the BushPod strapped to your back, right between the shoulder blades. No one will notice...

dfa4
Oct 27, 2004, 09:43 AM
You wear the BushPod strapped to your back, right between the shoulder blades. No one will notice...

Don't forget the BushPod downloads all your music from the "Internets" :)

macridah
Oct 27, 2004, 10:01 AM
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/index.html

zelmo
Oct 27, 2004, 10:32 AM
http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/index.html

LOL!
"For your listening pleasure, earbuds are not included."

methodshop
Oct 27, 2004, 10:51 AM

Thanks we're updating our page with your suggestions plus the flood of emails we've gotten! You guys all get credit. :)

http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/articles/rejectedipods/

http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/articles/rejectedipods/photo-ipod.jpg

tpatricks
Oct 27, 2004, 12:22 PM
How about the limited edition "W"Pod.

The click wheel only goes to the right. The only song in the Playlist is "Hail to the Chief." The "W"Pod Photo version is loaded with photos of Cabinet members. Comes only in black.

How about the limited edition "D"Pod.

The click wheel only goes to the left. However, there's no metal back. It's a click wheel and screen on both sides. No matter which way you "flip" it, the click wheel is always visible. Available only in white.

Then, for those who aren't comfortable with the "W" or "D" Pods, there's the independent, limited edition, transparent "Me2Pod." However, it only works in 34 states, and only 1% of the time.

;)

zelmo
Oct 27, 2004, 01:01 PM
How about the limited edition "W"Pod.

The click wheel only goes to the right. The only song in the Playlist is "Hail to the Chief." The "W"Pod Photo version is loaded with photos of Cabinet members. Comes only in black.

How about the limited edition "D"Pod.

The click wheel only goes to the left. However, there's no metal back. It's a click wheel and screen on both sides. No matter which way you "flip" it, the click wheel is always visible. Available only in white.

Then, for those who aren't comfortable with the "W" or "D" Pods, there's the independent, limited edition, transparent "Me2Pod." However, it only works in 34 states, and only 1% of the time.

;)

Nice. I'm beginning to think we should move this thread to Political Discussion. :rolleyes:

cgnjny
Oct 27, 2004, 01:32 PM
Kudos to you all for clever wordsmithing and imagination!

Special mention goes to tpatricks -- absolutely hilarious :)

ThePreacherMan
Oct 27, 2004, 03:54 PM
Those pods were great, however, you missed an all important one.

"The Scary Kerry" Plays anything a listener wants to hear and jumps to conclusions before information is checked.Favorite song, "Tell me sweet little lies".

I preach it like I see it.

mfeldman
Oct 27, 2004, 04:27 PM
How about the Bill O'Reilly limited edition "o"Pod.

The only content is audio of Bill O'Reilly talking dirty. Only women are allowed to purchase this oPod.

:eek:

solvs
Oct 31, 2004, 02:47 AM
"The Scary Kerry" Plays anything a listener wants to hear and jumps to conclusions before information is checked.Favorite song, "Tell me sweet little lies".
I'm pretty sure the wPod does that too. Funny how similar they are.

Political Thread, here we come.

g4cubed
Nov 2, 2004, 08:16 AM

How true, how true. :p

wdlove
Nov 2, 2004, 10:56 AM
Tehehe...good job. Poor Martha, I hope she gets out soon...

Quite an assortment of special iPod's. One for every taste.

Just think Martha will be out in a little over four months. It will be just in time to plant her Spring garden.