PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else waiting for the Power Support leather folio?

DaneGuy
Jun 26, 2010, 02:51 AM
It doesn't ship for another month but it looks quite promising. I like that it doesn't cover the front. It's almost exactly like a macally except in leather.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/286/s/leather-folio/category/37/

macwheels
Jun 26, 2010, 03:26 AM
It doesn't ship for another month but it looks quite promising. I like that it doesn't cover the front. It's almost exactly like a macally except in leather.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/286/s/leather-folio/category/37/

Yeah, as long as it doesn't sag while in typing-stand position -- looks good :cool:

Macwheels

7racer
Jun 26, 2010, 10:08 AM
I think going to place an order here today.

JonMPLS
Jun 26, 2010, 10:15 AM
I like the design. Seems like one of the thinnest of the leather folios. Also, it appears that when in horizontal mode the strap used to close it slips into the same holder on the back to keep it secure (just guessing since there is no back photo).

I just hope I quit before I get as many iPad cases as I have iPhone cases. Which are all out of date as of the iPhone 4 :rolleyes:

DaneGuy
Jun 26, 2010, 10:53 AM
I was also looking at the new Yoobao executive with the clips but I don't like the way it stands horizontally. The PS seems perfect.

JonMPLS
Jun 26, 2010, 11:54 AM
FYI, if you look at the Ivory color they supplied a lot more photos than they did for the other colors. It does look pretty interesting.

Hammie
Jun 26, 2010, 01:27 PM
Very nice. A great alternative to the Yoaboo and Vaja ones (I know they are extremes in regards to pricing).

Kobra
Jun 26, 2010, 01:31 PM
Judging by the pictures it's EXACTLY like the macally bookstand. It looks like the hinge is of the same poor and loose quality as well, my guess is that it will sag quite a bit in the typing position....

7racer
Jun 26, 2010, 02:49 PM
Judging by the pictures it's EXACTLY like the macally bookstand. It looks like the hinge is of the same poor and loose quality as well, my guess is that it will sag quite a bit in the typing position....

It does look exactly like the macally but I am hoping it is of better quality....someone has to bite the bullet and give it a review.

But right now i have the Noreve that sucks in typing position. This would be a substantial improvement.

glen e
Jun 26, 2010, 03:42 PM
I have this folio and am very happy with it - very high quality and gets remarks where ever I take it. It's carbon fiber leather.
http://www.xgearlive.com/products/catalog/for-ipad/folio-carbon-fiber
does everything the apple case does..

gigaguy
Jun 26, 2010, 04:53 PM
I like it, I have the PS antiglare screen protector on my ipad and several iphone power support items I like too.
Only issue I see is the almost white interior, when folded out will possibly get dirty looking.

I wish I could tell how the gray ext looks, could be a very nice color.
I wasn't crazy about the original Macally bookstand gray color I had, so I just got the black Macally Bookstand...but it's flimsy, even moreso than the grey one.
the PS leather folio looks more like what I wanted all along.

macpluslaptop
Jun 27, 2010, 08:59 AM
I have this folio and am very happy with it - very high quality and gets remarks where ever I take it. It's carbon fiber leather.
http://www.xgearlive.com/products/catalog/for-ipad/folio-carbon-fiber
does everything the apple case does..

Does it turn into a typing stand like the Apple case? Wish they had more pics at the site...

gigaguy
Jul 17, 2010, 09:29 PM
Anybody get the leather PS portfoilio yet. I see it is Out of stock,, not sure if that means they had some or they haven't had them yet.

mcdj
Jul 28, 2010, 05:59 PM
bump for an update from anyone...

ddrueckhammer
Jul 28, 2010, 06:50 PM
When someone gets one, I wonder if we could get a comparison to this one:

http://www.cyberacoustics.com/retail/Cases-and-Covers/IC-1000BK

I saw it on ilounge the other day and it looks pretty good for $40 IMO...

DaneGuy
Jul 28, 2010, 07:05 PM
When someone gets one, I wonder if we could get a comparison to this one:

http://www.cyberacoustics.com/retail/Cases-and-Covers/IC-1000BK

I saw it on ilounge the other day and it looks pretty good for $40 IMO...

I ordered mine 2 months ago and haven't heard anything. Thinking about cancelling and getting that $40 cyberacoustic.....

EDIT:

I guess mine is being shipped:

Shipment #000033690
Tracking Number: 91011480086009996704
Carrier: United States Postal Service
Info: The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 27, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

jackdaniel1980
Jul 29, 2010, 08:17 AM
I got mine here:
http://ecyclog.com/category.php?id_category=120
and they are way way way cheaper! :cool:

md63
Jul 29, 2010, 11:16 AM
I called Power Support to find out when this case would be available for order again. They said there had been quality issues with the first batch and that they changed manufacturers. I was told it would be about 3-4 weeks before it would be available again. Not sure what this means for the people who are apparently having theirs shipped now.

gigaguy
Jul 29, 2010, 02:27 PM
good to know that they are watching the quality control, for the cost it better be high quality. makes me wonder tho. I could see changing materials for better quality but manufacturers? it's just gluing and stitching.

DaneGuy
Jul 29, 2010, 03:03 PM
I called Power Support to find out when this case would be available for order again. They said there had been quality issues with the first batch and that they changed manufacturers. I was told it would be about 3-4 weeks before it would be available again. Not sure what this means for the people who are apparently having theirs shipped now.

Hmmmm. Since mine is coming from the first batch it may be going back......

md63
Jul 29, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hmmmm. Since mine is coming from the first batch it may be going back......

My impression was that they were not sending out the bad product. Please give us a review and post some pictures and you receive it. I am very interested in this case.

DaneGuy
Aug 4, 2010, 10:46 PM
My impression was that they were not sending out the bad product. Please give us a review and post some pictures and you receive it. I am very interested in this case.

I've sent emails and left voice messages but no response from PS. :confused:

md63
Aug 4, 2010, 11:11 PM
I ordered mine 2 months ago and haven't heard anything. Thinking about cancelling and getting that $40 cyberacoustic.....

EDIT:

I guess mine is being shipped:

Shipment #000033690
Tracking Number: 91011480086009996704
Carrier: United States Postal Service
Info: The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 27, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Did your case ship? Please give us a review.

Thanks

tkao2025
Aug 5, 2010, 04:50 AM
I didn't think the PS cases were available? :confused:

I signed up to get notice when they are. I'm looking for a thin case as well. The Incase I have for the time being is a little thick to carry around everyday.

DaneGuy
Aug 5, 2010, 05:41 AM
Did your case ship? Please give us a review.

Thanks

I saw that notice a week ago and it has never changed. It just means the Post Office was told they were getting a package. I have not received.

DaneGuy
Aug 6, 2010, 04:57 PM
Been trying to get the status of my order but PS does not respond to email or voicemail. Grrrrr. :mad:

DaneGuy
Aug 9, 2010, 05:30 PM
Finally talked to a person. They "think" the cases will be in about 1-2 weeks from now.

batman75
Aug 12, 2010, 04:00 PM
DaneGuy - Do you think the phone support you spoke with might be able to take additional orders? I want to buy one too but pre-ordering seems to still be closed.

DaneGuy
Aug 12, 2010, 05:03 PM
DaneGuy - Do you think the phone support you spoke with might be able to take additional orders? I want to buy one too but pre-ordering seems to still be closed.

I'd give them a call because with the delay they might have a lot of orders canceled. I was going to cancel but I haven't found anything I like better yet.