PDA

View Full Version : 3 hour wait at Apple store in NYC right now

Steviejobz
Jun 26, 2010, 08:09 AM
Antenna issue my arse. This is still one of the best smartphones out there. I'm sorry 10% of users are having this problem and I'm sure Apple will provide a remedy. I am getting reception in places I have NEVER been able to do before. After a full day of heavy use, games and 3 push email accounts - still had 60% battery.

Amazing screen, and I'm loving facetime. Many of these newer droid models will go bust within six months. Maybe the Evo will be last man standing. I had a Nexus One and its trash compared to this. Blackberry, based on last quarter financials, is in a slow decline and I dont think the ghetto looking slider they have coming out is going to stem the tide. Sold my Bold on Craigs List for $100.

Glad I pre-ordered, and would encourage all to place their order as well. Sorry for the very fan boy sounding post but after a few days of action, I'm as impressed with this device as I was when I got the first gen model.

diabolic
Jun 26, 2010, 08:17 AM
Sorry for the very fan boy sounding post but after a few days of action, I'm as impressed with this device as I was when I got the first gen model.

Same here. It is a nice step up from my 3GS. I've actually had better reception in places where calls always used to drop. I'm very impressed with it.

nfl46
Jun 26, 2010, 08:19 AM
Even if you think 10%, it doesn't matter because it's a national problem now. When BIG news sites and stations picked it up, that's a problem. Everyone watches the news, so I'm sure MOST people who are interested in an iPhone 4/have one now, are well-aware of people having problems with the signal. And Steve Jobs "don't hold it that way" comment didn't make it any better.

mcdj
Jun 26, 2010, 08:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Wait, where's the part about the 3 hour wait? That's what I came here to read, not your drooling over the phone.

I want my click back.

Dsr1205
Jun 26, 2010, 08:27 AM
Antenna issue my arse. This is still one of the best smartphones out there. I'm sorry 10% of users are having this problem and I'm sure Apple will provide a remedy. I am getting reception in places I have NEVER been able to do before. After a full day of heavy use, games and 3 push email accounts - still had 60% battery.

Amazing screen, and I'm loving facetime. Many of these newer droid models will go bust within six months. Maybe the Evo will be last man standing. I had a Nexus One and its trash compared to this. Blackberry, based on last quarter financials, is in a slow decline and I dont think the ghetto looking slider they have coming out is going to stem the tide. Sold my Bold on Craigs List for $100.

Glad I pre-ordered, and would encourage all to place their order as well. Sorry for the very fan boy sounding post but after a few days of action, I'm as impressed with this device as I was when I got the first gen model.

I'm having antenna issues and theres evidence to suggest its not your arbitrary 10%. a gizmodo poll, i know not scientific, but it shows around 20-30% having issues, with around 30% not. As someone affected, i feel completely gipped. I cant even stream slacker radio anymore, my 3gs always worked, now i HAVE to cache the stations, its just one example about how my antenna is sucking hard.

Steviejobz
Jun 26, 2010, 08:30 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Wait, where's the part about the 3 hour wait? That's what I came here to read, not your drooling over the phone.

I want my click back.

LOL. Sorry, the point was that I went by this morning to shop around and there was a line that Apple store employees said was about three hours as they were expecting some additional units and people were waiting for the chance to buy.

These "problems" do not seem to have deterred buying interest in the phone. yet it is amazing how the majority of threads focus on them despite them affecting only a minority of users. I have to try real hard to replicate the issue and it also happens on my wife's 3G if I squeeze real hard. No "normal" way of holding the phone causes this issue, for me.

It is just a shame the trolls/Phandroids have infested and will now probably stay for a while. If they actually had an I4, i'm sure they would change their tune.

hexonxonx
Jun 26, 2010, 08:33 AM
Though I can replicate the problem every time I touch the left band, I don't regret buying my iPhone 4.

3 Hour lines are insane two days after release!:eek:

Steviejobz
Jun 26, 2010, 08:35 AM
I'm having antenna issues and theres evidence to suggest its not your arbitrary 10%. a gizmodo poll, i know not scientific, but it shows around 20-30% having issues, with around 30% not. As someone affected, i feel completely gipped. I cant even stream slacker radio anymore, my 3gs always worked, now i HAVE to cache the stations, its just one example about how my antenna is sucking hard.

Do you squeeze you phone that hard while listening to streaming radio? That is atypical behavior. Sure you have the right to hold it anyway you want, but thats like saying I like to put the phone in my butt crack while listening to Pandora and the design is impeding my freedom to do. Ok, so maybe I exaggerate. But my 10% is from those who truly do hold the phone in a way that causes this problem to occur. The 20-30% Giz poll was those who could replicate the issue. The % of those who actually have that problem resulting from how they really would hold the phone had they never heard of this issue, is much smaller.

Sorry to hear you are in that minority and I'm sure Apple will offer a solution.

Pared
Jun 26, 2010, 08:45 AM
It is just a shame the trolls/Phandroids have infested and will now probably stay for a while. If they actually had an I4, i'm sure they would change their tune.

While I love my iPhone4, and don't have any issues, you're oblivious if you really think this.

These "fanboys" made sure they got an iPhone4 early just to post on MacRumors and trash it? Those making the videos trying to figure out the signal related problems for them?

Right. :rolleyes:

Steviejobz
Jun 26, 2010, 08:54 AM
While I love my iPhone4, and don't have any issues, you're oblivious if you really think this.

These "fanboys" made sure they got an iPhone4 early just to post on MacRumors and trash it? Those making the videos trying to figure out the signal related problems for them?

Right. :rolleyes:

Dont think you can read good. Phandroids are the droid fans who are on here posting negative comments about the phone based on 3rd party accounts of an antenna issue that they have not tried for themselves. I tend to not form opinions based on hearsay and 3rd party accounts when it comes to electronics. I rather test it myself.

Pared
Jun 26, 2010, 09:11 AM
Dont think you can read good... I rather test it myself.

How ironic...

No matter what anyone is saying, dismissing their claims is in the same vain as them "trolling." But I really wouldn't expect you to understand that, so I will quit wasting my time.

Of course the phone will sell regardless. There's so much good will from the previous phones, plus the added hype for this one.

The obvious point is pretty obvious. Welcome to your internetz.

iMetalG5
Jun 26, 2010, 09:44 AM
i have issues but i'm one of those, "deal with it" and hopefully there is a fix. if not, aw well, i love my i4 :p

Gagoots
Jun 26, 2010, 10:41 AM

They're sold out now. What's the wait, for returning them?

kgeier82
Jun 26, 2010, 10:43 AM

20-30% of tech people that read that site, that probably have tech toys as well. Thats not 20-30% across US. I bet its under 5% honestly.

Something that people on MR constantly forget is the people who report problems and frequent these forums in no way represent the majority of anything but people that love Macs :)

I was having the issues yesterday, and they are 100% gone today. Im guessing it has to do with the tower features on the new iOS. Phone has been phenomenal all day. Comparing it to the 3GS, its what the iphone should have been all along. Lovely.