Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papa1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
If it were just me, I would probably get a waterfield case and use it "naked". (Perhaps a stand would come in handy and I do not know what I am missing, not sure.)

But, I have two kids and hardwood floors, and It is the hottest little gadget out the house. I need to be able to protect it some while it is in use.

The plastic shells turn me off because they look cheap to me and I will be using it at work.
I am not sure how much they would protect it if it were to drop anyways.

The otterbox I am not sure about, but it isnt even out yet anyways.
The Zoogue looks pretty sweet and covers most of the ipad.
That oberon case looks awesome, but I worry about the flap not "bending" as in the gadgeteer review.

Any strong suggestions on what I need?
Post and PM me suggestions if you have the time.

Not really concerned about money as I am about not wasting money on the wrong case, if that helps. MAybe I need multiple items, like a hardcase+ carrying case? I dont know.

Thanks!

iTouch.lover22

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2009
If it were just me, I would probably get a waterfield case and use it "naked". (Perhaps a stand would come in handy and I do not know what I am missing, not sure.)

But, I have two kids and hardwood floors, and It is the hottest little gadget out the house. I need to be able to protect it some while it is in use.

The plastic shells turn me off because they look cheap to me and I will be using it at work.
I am not sure how much they would protect it if it were to drop anyways.

The otterbox I am not sure about, but it isnt even out yet anyways.
The Zoogue looks pretty sweet and covers most of the ipad.
That oberon case looks awesome, but I worry about the flap not "bending" as in the gadgeteer review.

Any strong suggestions on what I need?
Post and PM me suggestions if you have the time.

Not really concerned about money as I am about not wasting money on the wrong case, if that helps. MAybe I need multiple items, like a hardcase+ carrying case? I dont know.

Thanks!

I have an 8 year old brother that uses my iPad, so I got my hands on a Macally Metrolpad so he won't completely destroy my iPad :p It really depends on what you want the most. Will you worry about dropping it? Do you want it to be easily passed around to play? Do you want to take it around safely? Do you want it thin? There's lots of cases out there that do fantastic jobs of each, but no case will completely cover what you need. PM me if you want some more help :)

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
My kids (7 & 9) don't get to play with mine or my wife's unless We are there with them.

They have their DS's for their games, and the family desktop Computer for Internet or word processing.

Fanatik7

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I have three little girls ages 1, 3, and 6. The case that is hands down the best for kids is the squish skin case by hard candy cases. It is awesome. I love it because of the air filled rubber surrounding the case but also that it covers the home button. Other cases leave it exposed and you don't want cheeto filled fingers clogging up the home button and maybe breaking it. I also recommend a screen protector just in case someone tries to use a marker or pen instead of their fingers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.