PDA

View Full Version : Make it simple

MacBytes
Oct 28, 2004, 01:28 PM
Category: Reviews
Link: Make it simple (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041028142806)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

2GMario
Oct 28, 2004, 06:09 PM
Why ?

Why must things be made easy ? has our society become so lazy that to read a manual / book is absolutly out of the question ?

I know people with phd's that still dont know how to program thier vcr. how much easier must something get before the interface suffers

im not sure what the point of the article was aside from the topic being to make things "easier". i found dos, win3.1, 95, xp, nt 4, 2003 easy.

i found os x easy and converted instantly after using microsoft for years.

and i also find maintaining red hat for my web server easy.

and im not a network admin, and i dont have a phd in computer science. i picked up a book, took some time to actually read it, and i learned how to do what i needed.

and by all means i dont have time to waste reading a book. the only programming / web dev books i buy, i buy as a quick reference. and i still excell at the work i do.

no need to make things harder, but by all means, things arent hard as they are. get off ur ass, read a book, or online docs, and learn something new

-Mario

iMeowbot
Oct 28, 2004, 06:48 PM
Hmmpf, Donald Norman and "humane" "invisible" interface stuff, right on the heels of Jef Raskin's rant? That's interesting. All those rejected Apple interface "gurus" seem to hang out together, I wonder if they're trying to generate buzz for some kind of product? Of course, the raging success of the Canon Cat will be a killer act to follow :p

macnulty
Oct 30, 2004, 08:27 AM
for Mac users, courtesy of the good folks of Apple Computer. Yet another article on what windows users put up with in their computing world.

adamfilip
Oct 30, 2004, 12:26 PM
i dont think its a matter of making computers easier

its more like make computers work the way we expect them to work.

this is the reason we mac users love macs.. they tend to work properly
more often then other platforms.
and they try to stay out of your face and let you get your work done.