Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Exactly what kind of Firewire devices is this article talking about? Is this an issue for home use? :confused:

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
kingjr3 said:
You really shouldn't stick a butter knife in a power outlet either :rolleyes:
I'm suing you now. You didn't say anything about steak knives and I stuck one in a power outlet. My right arm is completely useless, and so are my right ear and nostril. I hope you're happy :mad:

BWA HAHAHAHAH I MADE TEH FUNNAY!!

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
kingjr3 said:

Hmmm... that may be why I can't remember any of yesterday.. or today for the matter...

I like this part:
On laptops epoxy may be used to permanently disable the external jack if such loss of functionality can be tolerated.

It can't and won't. I'm not about to 'disable' any of the ports on my machine, thank you VERY much.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
kingjr3 said:
CunningPlan.jpg

:D

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
wdlove said:
Exactly what kind of Firewire devices is this article talking about? Is this an issue for home use? :confused:
Nah, it's not really a problem at home. For companies and for any machines in public areas, it does pose some serious issues. FW and USB drives make it trivial to steal data that otherwise would be safely locked up on a server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.