PDA

View Full Version : Running windows games off of a mac formatted HD???

xi mezmerize ix
Jun 28, 2010, 08:50 AM
I just got a new external hard drive that I have been using for storage. I formatted it for Mac OS X (extended...not journaled).

I realized a few days ago that I can run the movies from the HD in windows xp even though the drive is formatted for mac.

Would I be able to install windows games onto the drive and run them in windows w/o having to format the drive for windows?

Hellhammer
Jun 28, 2010, 08:56 AM
Try it, it's simple as that. Some games might require NTFS as format though

xi mezmerize ix
Jun 28, 2010, 09:07 AM
Try it, it's simple as that. Some games might require NTFS as format though

I cant really try it. The games I have only let me install them a certain number of times, and I dont want to buy a game to realize it wont work and I wasted my money.

spinnerlys
Jun 28, 2010, 09:11 AM
I cant really try it. The games I have only let me install them a certain number of times, and I dont want to buy a game to realize it wont work and I wasted my money.

Do any of the games you want to install have a demo that you could try? Or just use a regular demo of a game you don't have.

balamw
Jun 28, 2010, 09:21 AM
Are you using some kind of third party read/write HFS+ driver?

Movies/music work great as they are read only and work fine with the Apple provided read-only driver, but installing usually required write privileges and thus may be a bit trickier...

B