Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
Same here I ordered both black and pink on the 15th. Pink wasn't even supposed to ship till July 2nd. But I got delivery dates of the 30th and the 1st. But their both on the truck for delivery today!

saucy1360

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
my black bumper will be here today also. thinking about going to best buy and getting a screen/back protector... recommendations?

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I got the 50% off on zagg from this site. Wasn't impressed with it. It's already peeling off in one corner on the girlfriends 4. Could have been me installing it but I followed directions and left it overnight to set. So I dunno I'm looking for another brand as well to get for my white one.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
You guys/gals are lucky.

I didn't want the black bumpers and saw that the color bumpers would not be available till July 16th if ordered online.

So I figured the color bumpers would be available in the retail store on June 24th. Obviously they weren't and I had to work all day Thursday (I preordered from ATT iphone 4). When I had a chance to run over to the Apple store, they were all sold out of the Apple Black Bumpers by 8AM. None of the stores carried the color bumpers.

So if I would have ordered on day 1, I would have gotten my color bumpers much sooner like you guys. I ordered the orange and green bumpers on Friday June 25th and apple says they will ship July 16th (that's a Friday) so I won't get my till July 19th or so.

These delays in shipping by Apple are getting annoying.

My 27 inch core i7 took forever to ship (like 3 weeks) because of the screen issues. My iPad camera connection kit took more than 4 weeks. Now the bumpers will take around 3 weeks. Crazy the demand (or lack of supplies) Apple is facing these days.

I am using my old cheap silicone case to protect the iPhone 4 in the mean time and still using the clear screen front and back protectors that came with the phone. I had cut the top 1/3 off so I can use the front camera/hear people and cut the back 1/3 off so I can use the back camera and flash. I am trying to baby this phone.

I also purchased 2 front/back screen protectors off ebay so they should come this week and another cheap silicon iphone 4 cover off ebay.

I can't wait till the 3rd week of July to get my color bumpers.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Same here! I ordered a white & green one. They're on the FedEx truck for delivery. So stoked. :D Wish FedEx/UPS delivered earlier, though. They usually don't get here until around 4:00-4:30.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

saucy1360 said:
my black bumper will be here today also. thinking about going to best buy and getting a screen/back protector... recommendations?

Not sure what Best Buy offers, but you can order the Wrapsol Ultra. The orange peel effect isn't bad at all, & they pride themselves on being eco-friendly. :)

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Nov 10, 2006
I'm getting the black one today. Wanted white but was worried about it getting dirty. Hopefully those of you who ordered white can let us know how it holds up

3eyes

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Please, everyone who gets their colored bumpers today, take pictures. I know we all want to see them in action.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
Just got my white bumper and it looks fantastic on the black phone! I got a black bumper on launch day but the white is much more fun -- makes the phone look like a black and white converse sneaker!

Love my phone naked but the white bumper has just tipped me over to the other side. Nice to not have dropped calls too!

Will try to post picture but may have to wait until I get back to Boston. How do I post a photo anyway? Size limitations etc?

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
My MySpace style bathroom pic:

af3096c5.jpg

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
My black bumper ordered on the 25th arrived today! It looks quite nice but the volume buttons make an annoying rattling sound :(

You must not have ordered this with the online Apple store.

I ordered mine on the 24th. No sign of movement.

saucy1360

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
got my black bumper - love it. makes the phone a little wider to hold but that is welcome, as i thought the phone felt a little to small and sharp to hold to begin with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.