Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Hi

I think there is very little chance of Apple releasing a Camera with Sony that uses BlueTooth technology, my reasons:

• Sony already launched a Digital Camera with BlueTooth technology the other day (http://212.250.57.233/ProductGallery2001Variables/SearchResults/000923.asp?Cat=Camcorders&Ire=)

• Apple said they would not go in to any other area where another company was doing well (Canon, Sony + Others

• I have heard rumors of Apple working with Nintendo and if this is true they would not deal with Sony (PS)

Let me know what you think!

greg godwin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
Hi

I think there is very little chance of Apple releasing a Camera with Sony that uses BlueTooth technology, my reasons:

• Sony already launched a Digital Camera with BlueTooth technology the other day (http://212.250.57.233/ProductGallery2001Variables/SearchResults/000923.asp?Cat=Camcorders&Ire=)

• Apple said they would not go in to any other area where another company was doing well (Canon, Sony + Others

• I have heard rumors of Apple working with Nintendo and if this is true they would not deal with Sony (PS)

Let me know what you think!

It's an Apple wireless camera, with component design by Sony. It is not a Sony branded camera, but they have got their expertise in its design. I've been told it could be Bluetooth, but may be Airport type (?), and can also be used as a web-cam in low-res video mode.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Possibly

There is always a chance, I personally don't see the point in having a camera wireless if when you use it you are to far away from the machine any way,

But there you go, I am not looking for a flaming!

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
Just because Sony are competing with Nintendo in one market dosen't mean that Apple can't do business with both companies... I think that a Sony/Apple business venture (50/50 ownership) would be rewarding for both companies (similar to the SonyEricsson Model). This new venture could deliver digital devices for the Mac and futher steve jobs' digital hub proposition - remember, apple's a great company, but they simply can't do everything...

greg godwin

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
iCam information

Originally posted by j763
Just because Sony are competing with Nintendo in one market dosen't mean that Apple can't do business with both companies... I think that a Sony/Apple business venture (50/50 ownership) would be rewarding for both companies (similar to the SonyEricsson Model). This new venture could deliver digital devices for the Mac and futher steve jobs' digital hub proposition - remember, apple's a great company, but they simply can't do everything...

The iCam is the next in a line of the Digital Hub devices promised by Apple. It is going for the lower-end of the digital camera market, but will be signifcantly different to what is available now. i.e. onboard high-capacity hard-drive (no facility for flash-cards), designed for direct-to-Mac imaging rather than the traditional photo-finishing market.

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
sony?

Why the hell would they team up with Sony?
They dont even make the best cams.
In fact they're not good at anything. All Sony stuff that I have gets busted in a short period of time.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
ES Series

sony makes the es series of cd players and they have walkman both of these sony does really well but ur right its digital cameras and digital video cameras are crap

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Re: Ok

I am pretty sure than all macs will come standard with airport this expo!

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Apple Cam?

I dont see the point of a Wirless Camra. To sinc up and upload your images and movies? Why when FireWire is so much faster. Wilress web cam? Why, when its not going to sit more than 6 feet from your computer anyway? Dont get me wrong... I am a Mac Head for life and would probably buy almost anything Apple made aslong as I could afford it... but I dont know about the rest of the consumer base. A few Apple freeks and my self cannt possibly support Steve and his turtle neck habbit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.