Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What skin would you choose for the iPhone 4?

• Best Skins Ever

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • ZAGG invisibleSHIELD

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • Power Support (from past experiences)

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • Wrapsol

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • other (please specify in post)

Votes: 20 15.5%

• Total voters

Dsking85

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
You really cant beat bestskinsever. Ive used their products on 3 past iphones. Just installed it on my 4 and it looks great! Cant believe i got the whole fullbody skin for $5.99!

bli625

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2009
You really cant beat bestskinsever. Ive used their products on 3 past iphones. Just installed it on my 4 and it looks great! Cant believe i got the whole fullbody skin for $5.99!

Could you post a few pictures of the skin on the phone?

Dsking85

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Could you post a few pictures of the skin on the phone?
I would but my phone is my camera. I really cant praise the skin enough though. Plus the company is awesome. My last skin i ordered had a tiny imperfection that i could have overlooked. Emailed them and had another complete skin in my mailbox 4 days later and they didnt ask me to return the other one or anything.

CJisohsocool

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009

I have a question lol. Does the flash and front facing camera have a cut out? And if either don't does it affect the flash or front faced camera?

Dsking85

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
I have a question lol. Does the flash and front facing camera have a cut out? And if either don't does it affect the flash or front faced camera?

The front camera has a cutout but the flash does not. I cant tell a diff btw the flash. The skin is just as clear as the glass so i dont know how it would affect it.

lunch

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
As far as I know, some of these like Wrapsol and Power Support have not even been released for the iPhone 4, so I'm not sure how people can judge them.

My vote based on actual experience is:

Something other than ZAGG invisibleSHIELD

I bought the Front Shield ZAGG invisibleSHIELD last week. It went on OK and the bubbles are working their way out. I don't mind the so-called orange peel effect. But the stickiness is driving me crazy, especially in the ultra-humid weather we're having here in the northeast U.S. right now. Worse, it didn't work at all with my new iFrogz case. The case peeled up the ZAGG IS on the bottom edge, so I'm going to replace it as soon as something better comes along.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
As far as I know, some of these like Wrapsol and Power Support have not even been released for the iPhone 4, so I'm not sure how people can judge them.

I bought the Front Shield ZAGG invisibleSHIELD last week. It went on OK and the bubbles are working their way out. I don't mind the so-called orange peel effect. But the stickiness is driving me crazy, especially in the ultra-humid weather we're having here in the northeast U.S. right now. Worse, it didn't work at all with my new iFrogz case. The case peeled up the ZAGG IS on the bottom edge, so I'm going to replace it as soon as something better comes along.

so, the shield is not all that invisible?

bli625

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2009

Wrapsol has been released. It appears there is some bad QC on the Wrapsol Ultras.

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Wrapsol has been released. It appears there is some bad QC on the Wrapsol Ultras.

You can say that again, KEEP AWAY FROM WRAPSOL. mine came with the box squashed, there is a scratch already on the protector, and it was missing the piece that goes between the volume buttons, im pissed as hell and keeping it until a replacement arrives. Im going to try BSE, bodyguards, or clear coat. IM leaning toward bodyguards because it gives u 2 sets for the price of one everywhere else.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I'm a huge BSE fan. On my original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPad, and MacBook. However when I rec'd my BSE for my iPhone 4 today I was a bit disappointed to see the flash was not cut out. I'd like to know if it affects performance before I apply it.

pflau

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007

IS on the screen is a bad, BAD, idea. Wish you saw my posts way back in the past when I compared IS and Bodyguardz. I liked IS on my iPhone 3G precisely because it is sticky. It made the phone grippy and I liked it. But I only used it on the back and definitely wouldn't use it on the screen. For that I used Power Support.

I use Bodyguardz now even though it is not as sticky as IS. That is because the iPhone 4's back is FLAT, and the flat surface allows Bodyguardz to have enough grip already. And I like the Bodyguardz side protection. But I would not use Bodyguardz, nor any skin, on the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.