PDA

View Full Version : New/Refurbished Powermac

firewire2001
Aug 14, 2002, 04:07 PM
Hey.. I'm looking for a G4 Powermac Tower. I'd prefer a Quiksilver model.. But even a Dual 500 mhz G4 would be great...

I'm looking for something thats about 1,000 bucks... max.. It can be refurbished.. but i was wondering if anypne knew of a place i could get one.. Or if anyone had one to offer, that was used... I'm looking that it is in pretty good condition and an internal cd burner would be a plus.

-f

Liamcow
Aug 20, 2002, 01:41 AM
maybe try www.powermax.com or www.smalldog.com, they both have really good prices

mrMahann
Aug 21, 2002, 07:57 AM
am out of work so can't pay for extras, "free programs" and such... just want a box. best if in balto, MD or DC area.

<mrMahann@yahoo.com>

have checked those sites listed and prices are still up there. also have checked a bunch of mac sale boards/forums and people are asking prices similar to new stuff, or wanna sell w/ all this software.

maelstromr
Aug 21, 2002, 08:32 AM
why not try ebay, just be careful and insist on COD or escrow before bidding. stick to reputable sellers or those who give there phine numbers when asked. Also try and get pictures. (real, not off apple's website.) I've had a lot of success in the past doing this. just don't expect an amazing steal, G4's haven't devalued THAT much yet.