Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

randomerratum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I saw that there's a stand-alone MacRumors app for .99 - anyone tried it?
The reviews all say it works well but is pretty basic...

I dont mind visiting the site for the articles and some minor forum checking, but the web interface sure doesn't lend itself to things like Forum Spy and posting replies. Does anyone know if the MacRumors For iPhone app allows logging in and posting? Is it read only? Can you search the forums? View Forum Spy?

The description doesn't mention any of these things, so I assume they're not supported.. in which case, can anyone recommend a good forum app that works with MacRumors?

steemax

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2009
SoCal
I saw that there's a stand-alone MacRumors app for .99 - anyone tried it?
The reviews all say it works well but is pretty basic...

I dont mind visiting the site for the articles and some minor forum checking, but the web interface sure doesn't lend itself to things like Forum Spy and posting replies. Does anyone know if the MacRumors For iPhone app allows logging in and posting? Is it read only? Can you search the forums? View Forum Spy?

The description doesn't mention any of these things, so I assume they're not supported.. in which case, can anyone recommend a good forum app that works with MacRumors?

I just took a look at it because ive been looking for something similair as well, and it looks promising and the reviews look good so why not? Im gonna give it a try.

skillz1318

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2006
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

It seems like a rip off. It looks like its just a pointer to http://mobile.macrumors.com/ which I use from iPhone for the site as well as forums. Its great and free!

randomerratum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Haha
Well I gotta say I'm at least glad I asked... I didn't even know about http://mobile.macrumors.com/ - I'd written it off because I've already tried to use the pulldown at the bottom of the every MacRumors page and it didn't seem to do much! Looks like I've got a couple of bookmarks to add to my home screen instead!!! Thanks Guys!

...only thing is I'm addicted to Forum Spy and there doesn't seem to be a similar solution for it... oh well.

bigpatky

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
i don't know but i'd love for macrumors to work with the forumrunner app. it's a really good forum interface for the iphone. AVSforums just came out with their own app that is based on forumrunner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.