Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Can anyone offer advice on this one? This is the first App I've ever had problems like this with. Oregon Trail is crashing when it tries to load. I click the app, it goes to the company splash screen while loading up, and then silent exits to the home screen.

I've tried:

1. deleting the app and downloading/installing again
2. Doing a soft reboot
3. Turning the phone completely off and back on.

Nothing seems to work. I have an iPhone 4 and iOS4.

me2000

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
That's weird..

I played it last night for an hour and never had any issues. :confused:

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
That's weird..

I played it last night for an hour and never had any issues. :confused:

Yeah, i haven't really seen anyone else mentioning this problem. I have not a clue what could be causing it. No problems with other apps either.

:confused::confused::confused:

senorian

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2008
Can anyone offer advice on this one? This is the first App I've ever had problems like this with. Oregon Trail is crashing when it tries to load. I click the app, it goes to the company splash screen while loading up, and then silent exits to the home screen.

I've tried:

1. deleting the app and downloading/installing again
2. Doing a soft reboot
3. Turning the phone completely off and back on.

Nothing seems to work. I have an iPhone 4 and iOS4.

I had a similar problem but with Real Tennis 2009 and Castle of Magic. Both would load up to the main screen and then crash whenever i'd try to advance further. I tried everything that you did and nothing worked. I emailed Gameloft about this and they said the devs were working on updates but this was over a month ago. I was hoping that when the new iphone came out this would fix my problem but I just tried both games on the iphone 4 and I still have the same problems.

Jason Beck

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2009
Cedar City, Utah
ahhaha I don't have a smartphone....

BUT. Can you die from Cholera and SNAKEBITE!? I loved that game! Also, did anyone actually find Carmen San Diego?

Attachments

• oregontrailscreenshot.png
    oregontrailscreenshot.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 790

lacvmk

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
Me too!!

I have the same problem! Only mine starts up the game then freezes once I click a house or just about try to collect anything and it's pissing me off! I'm on level 31 and I do not want to start all over again. I absolutely love this game and if I need to reboot it or start over... I won't!!! I'm starting to hate my iPhone and I havent had it that long!! Regular phones work better then this!:mad::mad::mad:

gypsybug

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
Since the last update of Oregon Trail, I have not been able to get the game to load past 85%. It just closes out each time I try. Is there anyway that someone can help me? I would rather not loose the progress that I've made so far by deleting and reinstalling!
:confused:

crazyquark

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
Since the last update of Oregon Trail, I have not been able to get the game to load past 85%. It just closes out each time I try. Is there anyway that someone can help me? I would rather not loose the progress that I've made so far by deleting and reinstalling!
:confused:

Hello, I have a question: were you using a GL Live account and were you logged in then the app started crashing?

Also: the game crashed immediately after the update?

Last edited:

Lacrosse33

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2015
Does anyone know why this happens because this is like my favorite game so does ANYONE know why this happens?¿?¿

Lacrosse33

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2015
I had a similar problem but with Real Tennis 2009 and Castle of Magic. Both would load up to the main screen and then crash whenever i'd try to advance further. I tried everything that you did and nothing worked. I emailed Gameloft about this and they said the devs were working on updates but this was over a month ago. I was hoping that when the new iphone came out this would fix my problem but I just tried both games on the iphone 4 and I still have the same problems.

That happens with Oregon trail and Ive had it once before and it worked fine but I deleted it so I got it again but it won't work this time so I got the app for free with icloud

----------

Hello, I have a question: were you using a GL Live account and were you logged in then the app started crashing?

Also: the game crashed immediately after the update?

It could be the new update#

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.