Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2010
I've just ordered one from their website (Only £6/7 altogether...Including P&P to the UK too...impressed!) and was wondering what peoples experiences have been with them in the past?

What kind of texture does it have? Likely to dull the screen at all?

Any answers and/or other opinions would be nice!

Thank you :)

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I used it on my 3G and 3GS. It works just fine. I had the front and back skin and the edges got dirty over time and I had to replace it and buy another one. But hey, they are cheap and work really well. I am going to order a back for my iPhone 4 when my bumper arrives. I highly recommend. Plus their customer service is awesome.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Best Skins Ever are an amazing company. Excellent customer service, fantastic product and they machine their skins better than any other out there IMO.

The material is rubbery with a slight orange peel texture, but seriously you made a great choice. They have the best cuts on all of their skins and the product is a fraction of the price of other more expensive skins even though it's the same material.

You are in good hands and they ship fast.

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Best Skins Ever are an amazing company. Excellent customer service, fantastic product and they machine their skins better than any other out there IMO.

The material is rubbery with a slight orange peel texture, but seriously you made a great choice. They have the best cuts on all of their skins and the product is a fraction of the price of other more expensive skins even though it's the same material.

You are in good hands and they ship fast.

Thanks for both replies! With the orange peel effect - same as Zagg or smoother? Thanks!

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks for both replies! With the orange peel effect - same as Zagg or smoother? Thanks!

I'd say it's about the same.

I've used Body Guardz, IS and BSE. I'd say Body Guardz is the smoothest of the bunch, BSE and IS are about the same. I just ordered a Phantom Skinz just to try because from what I've been told they are totally clear with no orange peel and a really good skin.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I find that the PowerSupport films are the best. Tried a few and this one looks the most like the glass (clear film that is).

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2010

I've used Body Guardz, IS and BSE. I'd say Body Guardz is the smoothest of the bunch, BSE and IS are about the same. I just ordered a Phantom Skinz just to try because from what I've been told they are totally clear with no orange peel and a really good skin.

How much for phantom skinz? Do you like the smooth body guardz?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
How much for phantom skinz? Do you like the smooth body guardz?

The Phantom Skinz after coupon were 17.00 for 2 sets of full body coverage (Front, Back and Sides)

Clear meaning no orange peel effect. Some guys I know swear by them so I took the drive and decided to try it. Personally the orange peel doesn't bother me because you really only notice it looking at an angle, which I rarely ever look at my screen at an angle.

:)

They shipped it like 5 minutes after my order so hopefully it arrives this week. Sadly I have an Invisible Shield on now that I'll probably tear off but it's on perfectly, almost hate to do it.

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 18, 2010
The Phantom Skinz after coupon were 17.00 for 2 sets of full body coverage (Front, Back and Sides)

Clear meaning no orange peel effect. Some guys I know swear by them so I took the drive and decided to try it. Personally the orange peel doesn't bother me because you really only notice it looking at an angle, which I rarely ever look at my screen at an angle.

:)

They shipped it like 5 minutes after my order so hopefully it arrives this week. Sadly I have an Invisible Shield on now that I'll probably tear off but it's on perfectly, almost hate to do it.

What coupon did you use please? :)

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
You seen the prices they charge to send to the UK? :O :p

Power Support shipping prices are a rip off. I live in Glendale, CA and they want to charge me $5.40 for USPS Priority mail. They do not offer a cheaper 1st class option and they should.

pflau

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007

I just ordered a Phantom Skinz just to try because from what I've been told they are totally clear with no orange peel and a really good skin.

I hope you don't regret your decision but have you not thought that all of these skins pick up the texture of the surface they come in contact with?? The textures disappear because the skins heal themselves. And that is the reason an minor orange peel texure as on the Bodyguardz is preferable to no orange peel. When your skin has no orange peel all the dings and pin holes and scratches and marks on the skin will just show up more and drive you nuts.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I hope you don't regret your decision but have you not thought that all of these skins pick up the texture of the surface they come in contact with?? The textures disappear because the skins heal themselves. And that is the reason an minor orange peel texure as on the Bodyguardz is preferable to no orange peel. When your skin has no orange peel all the dings and pin holes and scratches and marks on the skin will just show up more and drive you nuts.

Interesting, but I have talked to two people using the Phantom Skinz (on Palm Pre) and they said it held up well.

I have noticed the healing properties of the BSE and IS so if Phantom Skinz blows I will probably just order another set of BSE. They are easy enough to install.

Actually I may just leave the IS on the back and use the Phantom for the front and sides for a while to see how it holds up before ditching my IS install all together.

Thanks.

bwfc0907

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
Bolton, UK
I applied my best skins ever today, very straight forward. It covers the flash though, will this be detrimental to it's performance?

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
but i'm askeered of wet applications with my iphone :(

I was too when I did this with my 3GS, but after watching some YouTube videos and taking some time, it turned out to be pretty easy! And this will be easier since it's flat.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I just rec'd my BSE and am curious as to how the flash is affected. I would have expected a teardrop cutout to uncover the flash as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.