Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
iMac's shipping in Canada?
Hey I was wondering if anyone's ordered a G5 iMac from apple.ca yet? If you have what was the shipping time on it? The current listed time on apple.ca after I do my BTO spec is 2-4 weeks.

I've heard little murmors of apple having problems shipping on newly released products. So if anyone can give me some input from their personal experiences that would be grand.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Apple can never ship anything. It is their "kryptonite". Well, that really isn't an apt simile, but whatever. Yeah, it’s weak.

TLRedhawke

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2004
We've fulfilled all of our orders for iMacs through a few weeks ago, and considering they were all CTOs, that's not too bad. Hell, we even have a demo open now. I work at an Apple reseller in Toronto. There were supply issues when the machine was first announced, half due to poor G5 supply, and half due to volume, but all that's pretty much cleared up by now. On a sidenote, every single G5 iMac box that has come through the store looks like it's had the **** kicked out of it in the warehouse. The machines have suffered no damage, but the box looks like crap.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...I was in one of the l;ocal resellers a few days ago and they had one on display and a few sealed boxes visible on the floor - who knows if there were more in the back room too...so perhaps there is something in your CTO that is the delay? Also, once Apple starts getting caught up on the orders (as seems to be the case from the post above) quite frequently those estimated ship dates get beaten quite easily....hopefully yours will be on the way sooner than you think....oh yeah!

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
alrighty cool! I'll prolly be placing my order on monday (gotta confirm a pay cheque first) and hopefully I'll have it before the end of the month!

piatek

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2004
If you get stock iMac ( no toys in it ) it will take a week. If you get it loaded, it will take 4-5 weeks.

How do i know this ? I ordered it.
And also asked apple rep.

so from now on i buy apple stock, get it witing a week and buy ram or w/e i want at a store :D

piatek.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
piatek said:
If you get stock iMac ( no toys in it ) it will take a week. If you get it loaded, it will take 4-5 weeks.

How do i know this ? I ordered it.
And also asked apple rep.

so from now on i buy apple stock, get it witing a week and buy ram or w/e i want at a store :D

piatek.

Hmm that might be the way to go cuz we all know apple ram is over priced.

TLRedhawke

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2004
As a rule we advise people at our store not to do a CTO if they just want extra ram. I can order it from my supplier, have it the next day, and it will be cheaper than Apple. If you want to add a few things, then do a CTO.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
TLRedhawke said:
As a rule we advise people at our store not to do a CTO if they just want extra ram. I can order it from my supplier, have it the next day, and it will be cheaper than Apple. If you want to add a few things, then do a CTO.

hmmm so what if I'm also going for the blue tooth wireless keyboard/mouse package and a ram upgrade?

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
dornoforpyros said:
doh that's almost the whole 4 weeks! I don't wanna wait that long :(
Keep in mind that my machine was ordered on the day it was released, after no iMac had been available for 2 months, and plenty of demand was built up. Also, I went for standard shipping, although I'm not sure that the shipping was much different from express. And yes, it seemed that Bluetooth orders were delayed more than some others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.