Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fisher624

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Anyone out there using only a bumper, with no film of any kind? If so how is the back holding up? Anyone noticing any scratching? I installed a bodyguardz, and it seems fine, but I want to go (almost) naked and only use the bumper. Anyone with experience? Thanks.

utcarsons

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
I have a bumper only and no scratches front or back, but I am not very hard on phones either...

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
With the bumper you rohine does not make contact with the surface it is lying on. So unless you put it in your pocket with other things in it I think the bumper does a good job of helping to prevent scratches.

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I think scratches are going to show up no matter what. Sand in your pocket can scratch the class. I have a BSE in the mail, and received the bumper today. While I'm leaving the screen naked, I think it's smart to put something on the back to protect against scratches, nicks, and cracks.

Fisher624

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I think scratches are going to show up no matter what. Sand in your pocket can scratch the class. I have a BSE in the mail, and received the bumper today. While I'm leaving the screen naked, I think it's smart to put something on the back to protect against scratches, nicks, and cracks.

I hear you. I just know until I get a skin on PERFECTLY it is going to drive me nuts. I want it to look as if there is nothing there. And so far the Bodyguardz looks great, i just hope the curing process removes the little micro bubbles that are left (Its been less than 24 hours, so I could be a bit more patient).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.