PDA

View Full Version : Happy iHalloween

one3
Oct 30, 2004, 09:25 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first, nor the last to carve one of these pumkins ... but what the heck - a little scene from my front porch ....

http://www.one3interactive.com/pumpkin_night2.jpg

Happy Halloween everybody!

t300
Oct 30, 2004, 10:20 PM
Let me guess....

The one on the right is an apple, for Apple..

And the one on the left.... Steve Ballmer?

----Bowie----
Oct 30, 2004, 10:21 PM
:D :D :D :D Thats cool!!!

senseibiz
Oct 30, 2004, 11:06 PM
Let me guess....

And the one on the left.... Steve Ballmer?

Lol , the left looks like the Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.......

They look great..... Nice job.

PlaceofDis
Oct 30, 2004, 11:14 PM
nice job on the pumpkins, i was too lazy to do anything this year,

but happy holloween and happy extra hour of sleep tonight!

dotnina
Oct 30, 2004, 11:39 PM
Edit: I can see them now! It took a few refreshes.

Adorable! Did you carve them from hand, or use a stencil? Nice job either way!

----
I'm sure your pumpkins are great, but ... I can't see a thing!

Is there a link, or were the pics taken down ... ?? :confused:

one3
Oct 30, 2004, 11:48 PM
Edit: I can see them now! It took a few refreshes.

Adorable! Did you carve them from hand, or use a stencil? Nice job either way!

I have an Illustrator file of the Apple logo, so I printed it out, cut out a stencil from the paper, drew it on the pumpkin using the stencil and then used my trusty Ginsu2000 knife to carve it out.

Mechcozmo
Oct 30, 2004, 11:49 PM
:D

Nice! Now you just need to care an iPod into a pumpkin...

one3
Oct 30, 2004, 11:53 PM
:D

Nice! Now you just need to care an iPod into a pumpkin...

I certainly thought of it .... just ran out of pumpkins :) ... there is always next year .. and who knows what new products Apple will come out with by then for me to carve !!!!

wdlove
Oct 31, 2004, 07:46 PM
Good job one3, thank you for sharing. Happy Halloween to my fellow MacRumors Forums members. ;)

Doctor Q
Oct 31, 2004, 07:54 PM
We just had our first trick-or-treater (5:45pm on the west coast). A young Pocahontas. I chose "treat".

We usually get about 150 kids over the course of the evening. We have decorations in the windows and the Disney "Haunted Mansion" CD playing out the porch window on infinite repeat, until the kids run out or I can't stand it anymore. :eek:

tech4all
Oct 31, 2004, 07:59 PM
the Disney "Haunted Mansion" CD playing out the porch window on infinite repeat

I was just listening to that on my iTunes! :D

katie ta achoo
Oct 30, 2005, 09:34 PM
If you'll allow me to resurrect a thread from a year ago, I present to you..
the MacRumors PUMPKIN!

dmw007
Oct 30, 2005, 10:08 PM
I'm sure I'm not the first, nor the last to carve one of these pumkins ... but what the heck - a little scene from my front porch ....

Very cool! :)

dmw007
Oct 30, 2005, 10:11 PM
the MacRumors PUMPKIN!

Nice- the official MR Pumpkin! :)

iSaint
Oct 31, 2005, 10:23 AM
My daughter and I did an Apple pumpkin. Not as nice as yours, though. We'll have to post a pic later.

devilot
Oct 31, 2005, 10:32 AM
How hard is it to carve a pumpkin? I don't think I have ever done so... would have liked to try for this Halloween but I don't trust myself w/anything sharp and the bf will be at school until 10pm. No point in trying to carve a halloween decoration at the end of the day. :(

emw
Oct 31, 2005, 10:38 AM
How hard is it to carve a pumpkin? I don't think I have ever done so... would have liked to try for this Halloween but I don't trust myself w/anything sharp and the bf will be at school until 10pm. No point in trying to carve a halloween decoration at the end of the day. :(
It's difficult only because pumpkins tend to be pretty think. Getting a good line can be difficult without the right tools, but you can pick them up at most hobby stores.

You could also use a Dremel, I'd assume ;)

To the OP: Nice pumpkins! I love the Apple - I should have done something like that, but I'm just too darn lazy.

fayans
Oct 31, 2005, 10:41 AM
Though we couldn't see that real pumpkins but it is really a great shot with nice contrast. A little bit of touch up would be perfect.

One3, may I ask how long you took to carve out a pumpkin? :)

Frisco
Oct 31, 2005, 10:46 AM
Happy Halloween!

devilot
Oct 31, 2005, 10:49 AM
Happy Halloween!It's fun in a photograph-- but I would not want that near my home! Probably reeks and attracts all sorts of critters. :eek:

fayans
Oct 31, 2005, 10:50 AM
Too much beers for halloween, uh? :D

joepunk
Oct 31, 2005, 11:43 AM
Probably had too many Smashing Pumpkin drinks:p

1/3 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
1/3 oz Bailey's Irish cream
1/3 oz cinnamon schnapps

wdlove
Oct 31, 2005, 04:31 PM
I hope that everyone on MacRumors will have a wondreful and Happy Halloween. Just remember to not overdo on the candy. ;)

PCMacUser
Oct 31, 2005, 04:36 PM
Heheh, had a series of kids come knocking on the door trick or treating tonight. We just didn't answer the door :p

alexstein
Oct 31, 2005, 05:09 PM

WoW nice job! As far as I can remember my pumpkins always looked all hacked up after I was done with them.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO EVERYONE HERE @ MR!!

TodVader
Oct 31, 2005, 05:42 PM
its 6:41 and still no kids yet. My guess is that the rain is the reason of this:cool:

Doctor Q
Nov 17, 2005, 01:39 AM
the MacRumors PUMPKIN!I missed Halloween in the U.S. for the first time ever this year, but I have to give you a pat on the back for your masterful MacRumors pumpkin, katie. Great job!