PDA

View Full Version : LG Blu-Ray disc Rewriter (model#WH10LS30)

sphoenix77
Jun 29, 2010, 04:06 PM
So I saw another post with this internal burner but different issue. I installed the drive into my mac but absolute chaos just ensured. The mouse trackings slowed significantly. the computer kept freezing, the computer wouldn't recognize my DVD burner anymore (I had them both installed)... nightmare.

I really WANT to make this work so if there are any suggestions or anyone know of any driver links, please let me know ASAP.

NoTE: I saw on the box that LG recommends having a GeForce 7600 GT graphics card or better. I currently have the 7300 GT graphics card.

bedifferent
Nov 21, 2010, 02:23 PM
I too installed an LG WH10LS30 from NewEgg into my new Hex-Core Mac Pro. I had an 2008 8-Core with an LG GGW-H20L and it worked PERFECTLY. My system doesn't crash, it recognized the Blu-Ray but when I attempt to copy files via Finder onto a BD-R, it states there isn't enough room. Upon researching I discovered the drives can not be used in OS X. :mad:

wonderspark
Nov 21, 2010, 03:39 PM
I bought that burner from OWC, installed it in the lower bay beneath the stock SuperDrive, plug-n-play, no drivers, and it burns BD-R discs perfectly. Maybe they do something to them at OWC, because mine works flawlessly.

bedifferent
Nov 21, 2010, 04:05 PM
I bought that burner from OWC, installed it in the lower bay beneath the stock SuperDrive, plug-n-play, no drivers, and it burns BD-R discs perfectly. Maybe they do something to them at OWC, because mine works flawlessly.

Got your response on a thread I started, here's my response in case you didn't get it (and thanks btw!)

Interesting as the LG burners on OWC all begin with WH10LS30 but end with a K or KMP.

Seems like the model/firmware may be different. The WH10LS30 I have is also an OEM drive with firmware 1.0. I wonder if there is a WH10LS30K or KMP firmware that can be flashed in Windows???