PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 review focuses on Apple hardware and how you can run...

MacBytes
Oct 30, 2004, 10:39 PM
Category: Reviews
Link: iMac G5 review focuses on Apple hardware and how you can run Windows on it (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041030233938)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

BakedBeans
Oct 31, 2004, 01:21 AM
if this was a poll i would be voting 1 for gimp....

rtdgoldfish
Oct 31, 2004, 01:27 AM
I lived in Orlando until I went off to college. That guy who writes for the Sentinel is a complete idiot. He had an article back when the first iPods came out saying that they were too expensive to make any impact on the music industry.

He always writes about how good PC/Windows products are, even if it is the least important thing ever put into production, but never reviews anything from Apple unless it is big. Even now, he writes how great the iMac is but then has to go back to his worshiping of Bill Gates. Oh well, guess someone had to write a bad review of the iMac. Might as well be from Florida, yet another thing for us to screw up!

wrldwzrd89
Oct 31, 2004, 04:43 AM
This guy sure is clueless when it comes to the Apple Macintosh platform. He doesn't understand that reviewing a Mac product means focusing on the Mac side of things, like Office:Mac 2004 and iLife, and giving only a passing mention to Windows-side things, such as Virtual PC.

prechrchet
Oct 31, 2004, 06:50 AM
Actually, I thought it wasn't a bad review. Granted, there was a LOT of things he left out (iLife, Mac Office, Safari, etc), but in making the focus virtual PC, he answers one of the biggest fears of potential switchers: having to replace all of this expensive PC software that all of a sudden is useless.

If more PC users could understand that switching is easier than they think, we might get a few more converts.

prechrchet

Little Endian
Oct 31, 2004, 07:38 AM
Actually, I thought it wasn't a bad review. Granted, there was a LOT of things he left out (iLife, Mac Office, Safari, etc), but in making the focus virtual PC, he answers one of the biggest fears of potential switchers: having to replace all of this expensive PC software that all of a sudden is useless.

If more PC users could understand that switching is easier than they think, we might get a few more converts.

prechrchet

I agree with you even though the guy who wrote this article is Mac illiterate and ignorant he did address specifically on one of the Primary arguments that PC users use against macs which is compatability.

munkle
Oct 31, 2004, 08:30 AM
I agree with you even though the guy who wrote this article is Mac illiterate and ignorant he did address specifically on one of the Primary arguments that PC users use against macs which is compatability.

If you're trying to argue for compatibility then he should be making the point that Macs can handle most apps and documents natively, that Microsoft Office for Mac does exist, that mail.app can handle your e-mails fine, that Adobe, Macromedia etc make Mac versions of their apps, and that the majority of the time these apps run better on Macs than they do on Windows.

Don't defend this guy, the article was an awful piece of journalism.

Santaduck
Oct 31, 2004, 08:34 AM
If you wish to contact the review's author (be intelligent, don't give him anti-macuser stuff to write about):

From the orlandosentinel.com website:
Chris Cobbs welcomes your questions and comments. Phone: 407-420-5447. Mail: Orlando Sentinel, 633 N. Orange Ave., MP 240, Orlando, Fla., 32801.

Chris Cobbs can be reached at ccobbs@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5447.