Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dsr1205

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Does apple let you return their bumper? I wonder because the box is clearly designed to not allow you to repackage, unless you're the arts and crafts type and have glue.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Does apple let you return their bumper? I wonder because the box is clearly designed to not allow you to repackage, unless you're the arts and crafts type and have glue.

I don't think they do. What color is yours?

If anyone has a blue or white one they want to get rid of, let me know. :cool:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
They will absolutely take it back. I bought one yesterday and verified it before buying. You have 14 days.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I wanted to be sure. Sure enough the fit was not snug enough for me...too much play in the corners.

I had planned on returning it, but ran into a guy looking for cases at best buy, and ended up just selling it to him. Not that you asked.

Gunplameister

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
if anyone has a black apple bumper they would be willing to sell instead of return i would be interested, all my stores here are out of anything worth while and ebay id full of skalpers wanting 50$ plus

feel kinda naked without something on my phone right now lol
btw you can pm me

xMEECHx

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I'd say it's the best case out right now aside from that flash problem. Very sleek and keeps the phone well protected.

I will probably try it out but when i returned my bumper, I went with the incipio sylacrylic from att.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
if anyone has a black apple bumper they would be willing to sell instead of return i would be interested, all my stores here are out of anything worth while and ebay id full of skalpers wanting 50$ plus

feel kinda naked without something on my phone right now lol
btw you can pm me

PM sent.

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Belkin ok no doubt....

I'd say it's the best case out right now aside from that flash problem. Very sleek and keeps the phone well protected.

But I went with an AT&T Bodyglove in the solid color.
Not cheap but the blue is very well done and it solved the problem with dropping calls.

Maybe it's just gratitude too but that case looks really sharp.

Just wish it was less than $29. Ouch. :cool:

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I think my black bumper is kind of loose, so I called, and they are sending me another free of charge. Hope it fits better.

dishwab

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
nevvvvermind just got one. apple store at somerset mall has a large amount of bumpers as of 5 pm today if anyone in metro detroit is craving one

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
I'll +1 the request for a black bumper as well. If anyone has one they don't want, I would like it and can pay via paypal. My apple store is out and says they have no idea when more will be in. It would be much appreciated

PM Sent

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2004
Well, I'm returning my black bumper before 14 day period is up. It's actually pretty snug fit unlike some people reported, but I've gone naked. PM me if you want it. (established MR/Paypal member or SF local only please)

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
I'm interested, you have paypal?

I live in North NJ, (West NY). Is there a way you can PM me?

I can't PM you until you have enough posts. I work out of Trenton, if you are willing to take a ride to the lovely state capital of NJ. Otherwise I have to come up w/ a way of giving you a email address w/o the free world also getting it.

Or just post some more ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.